Default Why the silence from JohnH?

On 7/20/15 9:34 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 16:21:12 -0700 (PDT), Tom Nofinger
wrote:

On Monday, July 20, 2015 at 2:42:22 PM UTC-7, jps wrote:
Why is this guy getting a pass from you war veterans?

He's a scumbag and a liar and doesn't deserve your tacit approval.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...isoner-of-war/

Why did you and Krause give Al Franken a pass?

When Senator McCain was running for the White House in 2000, comedian/author Al Franken made comments very similar to Trump's. This happened before Franken was selected to the U.S. Senate.

"I have tremendous respect for McCain but I don't buy the war hero thing," Franken said at the time. "Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them. As far as I'm concerned he sat out the war."

Franken's thoughts were part of a post on Salon.com in January of 2000 in a story titled, "What's at Stake in the 2000 Elections?"

Fraken is a comedian and he made it clear it was a joke. Later McCain
and he did the joke again on a TV show.

I do believe this may be fatal for trump. He had the chance to recover
and he doubled down on the insult.
I am not sure he even understands what the hero part came from.
It wasn't being shot down or even the years in captivity. It was
turning down the chance to be released. McCain said if the rest can't
go, he wasn't going.

"Fatal for Trump."

Hilarious from any and every point of view.

wrote:

[...]

Trump's fatal flaw is his gigantic ego. He can't be wrong about
anything. Right now it's his blunder about McCain. In a week it
will be something else.

wrote:

[...]

Hope he stays in as a repub or an Indy. 'Merica needs him.
--
Sent from my iPhone 6+

On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 21:53:01 -0400, "Mr. Luddite"
wrote:

Trump's fatal flaw is his gigantic ego. He can't be wrong about
anything. Right now it's his blunder about McCain. In a week it
will be something else.

===

Absolutely right, a gigantic ego coupled with a thin skin and a
propensity to shoot from the hip. Not exactly presidential leadership
material in my opinion.

On 7/21/15 1:07 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jul 2015 21:35:58 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 7/20/15 9:34 PM,
wrote:

Fraken is a comedian and he made it clear it was a joke. Later McCain
and he did the joke again on a TV show.

I do believe this may be fatal for trump. He had the chance to recover
and he doubled down on the insult.
I am not sure he even understands what the hero part came from.
It wasn't being shot down or even the years in captivity. It was
turning down the chance to be released. McCain said if the rest can't
go, he wasn't going.

"Fatal for Trump."

Hilarious from any and every point of view.

Why is that? I don't mean he will die or even that the TV networks
will never hire him again. I just think that if he doesn't do
something to walk back this John McCain thing his presidential bid
will fail ... at least without significant democratic support.
That is still a possibility tho.

I wasn't thinking that you meant Trump would die. Trump appeals to the
haters because he says awful things about people and groups of people.
In 'Merica, that sort of posturing by a political figure seems to have
staying power...ala Sarah Palin, for example.

I only *hope* he gets the GOP nomination or decides to run as an
Independent; I don't believe either of those outcomes will happen. But
no matter what Trump decides to do, I don't believe he'll settle back
and STFU. He's going to have a negative impact on GOP presidential
chances. Thankfully.

Oh, and Bernie Sanders has already stated he wouldn't run as an
Independent. I'm sure he'll keep his word.

wrote:

[...]

Oh,OK... so it's a "joke" when a liberal says the same thing that Trump did?
And, McCain thought it funny when Franken said it? So why is the exact same comment not funny now?

I believe Sen. McCain to be a war hero, so I don't like how either Franken or Trump phrased what they said. but, there is a clear double standard from Democrats, the media, and Senator McCain himself. Has Al Franken apologized to veterans in general, as John McCain has called on Trump to do?

And....so far, I've not heard any apology from Senator McCain for calling those 15,000 Trump supporters in Arizona "crazies".

wrote:

[...]

Good questions. Liberals won't address them, however.
--

Guns don't cause problems.
Gun owner behavior causes problems.

Why the silence from jps and Krause... Justan Olphat General 0 July 20th 15 12:59 PM
I wonder, why the silence.... iBoaterer[_2_] General 2 December 18th 12 07:44 PM
the silence of the right bob General 25 April 19th 11 12:52 AM
A moment of silence please ... Eisboch[_4_] General 29 June 2nd 09 01:04 PM
Passing by in silence Max from Holland Tall Ship Photos 1 April 1st 07 01:55 AM