Default Summer home for sale...

On 5/7/15 3:52 PM, True North wrote:
Tim
" Don, I think it's a neat house and of course a lot of work has gone into it. Not wanting to be a not-picker, but I always want to grin when people would say an ancient house is "restored" to its "origional grandure " while stuffing it full of modern conveniences and luxury items.

When it was built, electricity, plumbing, and central air wasn't heard of, LOL "

Yeah...that large flat screen tv seemed out of place.
On the other hand, the 105 acres sounds good to a city boy.
This same photographer restored another historic buildings in downtown Halifax. We have so many of them and a lot were allowed to deteriorate and were eventually tore down.

About 100 years ago, Sylvester_Z._Poli, the movie theater magnate, built
a huge mansion and about 10 large summer cottages on a nice piece of
land at Woodmont beach in Milford, Connecticut. The Poli family lived in
the big house when we had a small shack at the beach, and I was friends
with one of the grandkids who lived in one of the fancy cottages. The
huge mansion had a movie theater and bowling alley. I was invited there
a few times. Some years ago, the main property was sold or given to an
order of nuns. The fancy cottages were sold off individually and one of
them changed hands recently for a million and a half US.

http://tinyurl.com/q6wafc9

There's a seawall on the far side of the parking area.

True North wrote:
Tim
" Don, I think it's a neat house and of course a lot of work has gone into it. Not wanting to be a not-picker, but I always want to grin when people would say an ancient house is "restored" to its "origional grandure " while stuffing it full of modern conveniences and luxury items.

When it was built, electricity, plumbing, and central air wasn't heard of, LOL "

Yeah...that large flat screen tv seemed out of place.
On the other hand, the 105 acres sounds good to a city boy.
This same photographer restored another historic buildings in downtown Halifax. We have so many of them and a lot were allowed to deteriorate and were eventually tore down.

You could probably back up your boat with that much space.

Justan Olphart wrote:
On 5/7/2015 3:52 PM, True North wrote:
Tim
" Don, I think it's a neat house and of course a lot of work has gone
into it. Not wanting to be a not-picker, but I always want to grin
when people would say an ancient house is "restored" to its
"origional grandure " while stuffing it full of modern conveniences
and luxury items.

When it was built, electricity, plumbing, and central air wasn't
heard of, LOL "

Yeah...that large flat screen tv seemed out of place.
On the other hand, the 105 acres sounds good to a city boy.
This same photographer restored another historic buildings in
downtown Halifax. We have so many of them and a lot were allowed to
deteriorate and were eventually tore down.

another historic buildings? were eventually tore down?

It's OK for dumb Don to butcher English - just ask him. He can't claim
typo for either of those. His spellchecker didn't save him.
Banned

On Thursday, May 7, 2015 at 8:18:04 PM UTC-4, Username wrote:

It's OK for dumb Don to butcher English - just ask him. He can't claim
typo for either of those. His spellchecker didn't save him.

He's just ****ING STUPID by nature.

True North wrote:
Kalic Swill guzzles.....

"Seems as if Nova Scotia is not desirable for housing purchase. Winery?
How do vineyards prosper in your area?"

"How do vineyards prosper"?????
They prosper very well in this province Swill....and do win awards and
international acclaim.

Ice wine?