Default Helping Greg Move to the 20th Century...

On Sunday, 15 March 2015 11:47:06 UTC-3, Justan Olphart wrote:
On 3/15/2015 9:21 AM, John H. wrote:

Hows that motorhome working out for you? Got any trips planned up this way?

Great. The closest I will be to you in the foreseeable future is
Kentucky? If you have the wanderlust we might be able to hookup
somewhere. As you know, I don't discuss my plans in forums. :-)

--

Respectfully submitted by Justan

"Hookup"??? Please...this is a family newsgroup and it's Sunday also.
Keep it clean!

On 3/15/2015 10:39 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 10:01:07 -0400, Justan Olphart
wrote:

On 3/15/2015 8:19 AM, John H. wrote:
On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 01:19:17 -0400, Wayne.B wrote:

On Sat, 14 Mar 2015 17:55:13 -0400, Keyser Söze
wrote:

http://makeuseof.tradepub.com/free/w_wile155/prgm.cgi

FREE book on Windoze 8. Computer to run it, extra.

===

Just for your obviously lacking information, Windows 8 generally
sucks.

Windows 7 is the good one.

I've been happy with 7, although I still have problems with Firefox.

Firefox is fine. The only real issue with it is Flash Player's security
vulnerabilities. Flash player works fine with I.E.

Since he said "outlook" I suspect Microsoft just doesn't play well
with firefox or the brand of flash you are using.

Who said outlook? If it was in one of Harry's links, I generally don't
open them.

--

Respectfully submitted by Justan

Laugh of the day from Krause

"I'm not to blame anymore for the atmosphere in here.
I've been "born again" as a nice guy."

On 3/15/2015 12:14 PM, True North wrote:
On Sunday, 15 March 2015 11:47:06 UTC-3, Justan Olphart wrote:
On 3/15/2015 9:21 AM, John H. wrote:

Hows that motorhome working out for you? Got any trips planned up this way?

Great. The closest I will be to you in the foreseeable future is
Kentucky? If you have the wanderlust we might be able to hookup
somewhere. As you know, I don't discuss my plans in forums. :-)

--

Respectfully submitted by Justan

"Hookup"??? Please...this is a family newsgroup and it's Sunday also.
Keep it clean!

Trust me. You don't need to watch your backside with me. Now Harry;
that's a different story. Watch him like a hawk.

wrote:

http://makeuseof.tradepub.com/free/w_wile155/prgm.cgi

FREE book on Windoze 8. Computer to run it, extra.

===

Just for your obviously lacking information, Windows 8 generally
sucks.

Windows 7 is the good one.

I've been happy with 7, although I still have problems with Firefox.

Firefox is fine. The only real issue with it is Flash Player's security
vulnerabilities. Flash player works fine with I.E.

Since he said "outlook" I suspect Microsoft just doesn't play well
with firefox or the brand of flash you are using.

Who said outlook? If it was in one of Harry's links, I generally don't
open them.

John mentioned using Outlook. I don't know anyone else who uses it.

wrote:

http://makeuseof.tradepub.com/free/w_wile155/prgm.cgi

FREE book on Windoze 8. Computer to run it, extra.

===

Just for your obviously lacking information, Windows 8 generally
sucks.

Windows 7 is the good one.

I've been happy with 7, although I still have problems with Firefox.

Firefox is fine. The only real issue with it is Flash Player's security
vulnerabilities. Flash player works fine with I.E.

Since he said "outlook" I suspect Microsoft just doesn't play well
with firefox or the brand of flash you are using.

Who said outlook? If it was in one of Harry's links, I generally don't
open them.

John mentioned using Outlook. I don't know anyone else who uses it.

OK. Me neither. Tbird works fine for me.

On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 09:52:50 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

On 3/15/2015 9:39 AM, John H. wrote:
On Sun, 15 Mar 2015 09:06:18 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

wrote:

http://makeuseof.tradepub.com/free/w_wile155/prgm.cgi

FREE book on Windoze 8. Computer to run it, extra.

===

Just for your obviously lacking information, Windows 8 generally
sucks.

Windows 7 is the good one.

I've been happy with 7, although I still have problems with Firefox.

No surprise.

I've never been able to figure out why he has problems with Firefox.
I've used it exclusively for years on XP, Vista, Win 7 and occasionally
on a Win 8 computer. My wife uses it on her iMac as well.
Never had any issues or problems with browsing or viewing videos.

It has to be something in how he has it set up or possibly missing
a required Flash driver.

Don't feel bad, I've not either.

If I have Firefox as my default browser and click on a link here or in Outlook or any
place which requires Firefox to open, then the video will not play. I'll get a Flash
Drive error window. Sometimes that error window will keep popping up until I shut
down the program with Task Manager.

If I have Firefox opened and click on a link or paste a video URL in the window,
everything operates just fine.

So, I use Internet Explorer as the default. But if just using the browser, then I'll
open and use Firefox.

Strange. It may be a setting somewhere, but damn if I can figure it out.

Shockwave plug in. There are two types. You need both. The Firefox
Help website can instruct.

Been there and don't that, but not since I've installed Malwarebytes. That may have
caught a bad line somewhere. Will try it again. Thanks.
--

Guns don't cause problems. Gun owner
*behavior* causes problems.

wrote:

[...]

It's not worth fretting about.

Respectfully submitted by Justan

Laugh of the day from Krause

"I'm not to blame anymore for the atmosphere in here.
I've been "born again" as a nice guy."

Not much, that's for sure. The workaround works pretty well.

wrote:

It has to be something in how he has it set up or possibly missing
a required Flash driver.

===

Or possibly an interaction with ad blocking or anti virus software. I
use Firefox (with Win 7) most of the time but certain videos will not
play unless I switch to Internet Explorer.

Does that occur when you click a link only outside Firefox?

wrote:

It has to be something in how he has it set up or possibly missing
a required Flash driver.

===

Or possibly an interaction with ad blocking or anti virus software. I
use Firefox (with Win 7) most of the time but certain videos will not
play unless I switch to Internet Explorer.

Could be, I suppose. I have "Ad-Block" running and I use AVG for
anti-virus.

Once in a while a site with a video will detect that Ad-Block is enabled
and running and will prevent the video from playing. If I really want
to see it I can do a one time "allow" in the Ad-Block setting, put up
with the advertisement and then see the video. I think it would do the
same in Internet Explorer as well (if you are using Ad-Block).

It only happens once in a great while though. Most of the time I can
view any of the videos (minus the ads) with no problem.

Does Ad-Block prevent the ads that begin with many of the YouTube videos?