Default Yet another reason to never...

....vote for Republican candidates:

A majority of Republicans nationally support establishing
Christianity as the national religion, according to a new Public Policy
Polling survey released Tuesday.

The poll by the Democratic-leaning firm found that 57 percent of
Republicans “support establishing Christianity as the national religion”
while 30 percent are opposed. Another 13 percent said they were not sure.

The irony is rich. Many Republican activists like to describe themselves
as “Constitutional Conservatives,” but under the Constitution – at least
in this country – the very idea of a national religion is antithetical
to the American tradition. Indeed, the opening words of the Bill of
Rights explicitly say, “Congress shall make no law respecting an
establishment of religion.”

There’s nothing “conservative” about a theocratic agenda in which one
faith tradition is endorsed by the government above all other belief
systems.

But this week, it wasn’t just the poll results that highlighted the
problem. A county Republican Party in Idaho pushed a resolution that
intended to identify Idaho as a “formally and specifically declared a
Christian state.” One local activist told reporters, “We’re a Christian
community in a Christian state and the Republican Party is a Christian
party.”

The resolution was ultimately defeated by the state party, but the fact
that it was considered, and enjoyed a fair amount of support, was
unsettling for supporters of church-state separation.

Read more at:

http://tinyurl.com/k4l7fh2
--
Proud to be a Liberal.

On 2/28/15 9:58 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 09:54:18 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

[...]

Strange as it might seem to you, I agree this was a dumb idea

It's not just a dumb idea for Idaho. Establishing christianity as the
national religion is an idea the majority of GOPers favor, and it isn't
the only bad exclusionary idea Republicans want to push onto everyone.

--
Proud to be a Liberal.

#10. I vote Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry
whatever I want. I've decided to marry my German Shepherd.

# 9. I vote Democrat because I believe oil companies profits of 4% on a
gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon at
15% isn't.

# 8. I vote Democrat because I believe the government will do a better
job of spending the money I earn than I would.

# 7. I vote Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody
is offended by it.

# 6. I vote Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and
I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers
and thieves. I am also thankful that we have a 911 service that gets
police to your home in order to identify your body after a home invasion.

# 5. I vote Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies
being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive and comfy.

# 4. I vote Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free
health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take
away Social Security from those who paid into it.

# 3. I vote Democrat because I believe that businesses should not be
allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give
the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrat Party
sees fit.

# 2. I vote Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite
the Constitution every few days to suit fringe kooks who would never get
their agendas past the voters.

....And, the #1 reason I vote Democrat is because I think it's better to
pay $billions$ for oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own
because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher, or fish here in
America. We don't care about the beetles, gophers, or fish in those
other countries.

--

Respectfully submitted by Justan

Laugh of the day from Krause

"I'm not to blame anymore for the atmosphere in here.
I've been "born again" as a nice guy."

On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 09:54:18 -0500, Keyser Sze
wrote:

...vote for Republican candidates:

A majority of Republicans nationally support establishing
Christianity as the national religion, according to a new Public Policy
Polling survey released Tuesday.

===

Shouldn't you be out buying an imaginary boat or yet another high
powered hand gun?

On 2/28/15 11:18 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 10:16:08 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

I agree we should not have a national religion but if the citizens of
Idaho want one, it is their business.
The 1st amendment says "congress" not the local government.
I don't see you in Idaho anyway. What difference does it make to you?

Creep. Not you. The legislation. If it passes in Idaho, it's going to be
on the agenda in Texas, South Carolina, Kansas, et cetera.

Republican exclusionism. It sucks.

wrote:

[...]

I wonder how an equal sampling of Democrats would respond to the same
question. The referenced poll doesn't mention that.

From a political perspective it may not be such a dumb idea however. 77
percent of Americans identify themselves as being Christian.

wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 11:20:16 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 2/28/15 11:18 AM, wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 10:16:08 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Those are all places you say you will never go to anyway. What's it to
you?
I am sure they feel the same way about how Maryland infringes on your
2d amendment rights.
That is why we are 50 states and not one monoculture.

Maryland is infringing on my 2nd Amendment rights? How?

--
Sent from my iPhone 6+

No ****.
--

Guns don't cause problems. The behavior
of certain gun owners causes problems.

On 2/28/15 12:44 PM, wrote:
On 28 Feb 2015 16:51:06 GMT, Keyser Söze wrote:

wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 11:20:16 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 2/28/15 11:18 AM,
wrote:
On Sat, 28 Feb 2015 10:16:08 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Limiting what you can buy and the hoops you have to jump through to
buy what you can.

How is some legislator in Idaho making a symbolic gesture that
reflects the beliefs of his residents, "congress" making a law?

I look at things like this to be about as significant as making the
bald eagle the american bird. They don't make you buy one and keep it
as a pet.

Maryland's firearm regulations have never limited what firearms *I*
wanted to buy.

The Idaho effort, like similar efforts in other states, has very little
to do with christianity and everything to do with finding methodologies
to discriminate against people whose religions are different or who have
no religion. It's the "Christian Identity" movement in a silk scarf.

Reminds me of the Tea Party movement, an effort to elect extreme
right-wingers, racists, and morons, supported by morons, and funded by
the wealthy, who use the Tea Baggers to get what they want.

--
Proud to be a Liberal.

wrote:

...vote for Republican candidates:

A majority of Republicans nationally support establishing
Christianity as the national religion, according to a new Public Policy
Polling survey released Tuesday.

===

Shouldn't you be out buying an imaginary boat or yet another high
powered hand gun?

No ****.

"****" is the perfect descriptor for you, Wayne, and many of the other
right-wing bigots on rec.boats.
--
Proud to be a Liberal.

Yet another reason to NOT... F.O.A.D. General 14 July 2nd 13 03:44 AM
Yet another reason... F.O.A.D. General 0 March 30th 13 02:45 PM
Yet Another Reason... hk General 1 April 22nd 10 03:02 PM
Another reason Bart ASA 0 October 4th 06 01:45 AM
Another reason Martin Baxter ASA 2 October 3rd 06 07:08 PM