Default Turbo Tax Ripoff

Now *this* ****es me off!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/intuit-k...est-1422149606

I called the number in the article and was told I wouldn't have to upgrade to file Schedule D (after
a lot of whining and complaining). Next year may be a different story.

If anyone wants to call and bitch, the number is in the article. Might do some good.
--

Guns don't cause problems. The behavior
of certain gun owners causes problems.

On 1/27/2015 11:00 AM, Poquito Loco wrote:
Now *this* ****es me off!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/intuit-k...est-1422149606

I called the number in the article and was told I wouldn't have to upgrade to file Schedule D (after
a lot of whining and complaining). Next year may be a different story.

If anyone wants to call and bitch, the number is in the article. Might do some good.

Doesn't Wal-Mart have some cheap software you could use?

On 1/27/15 11:31 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/27/2015 11:00 AM, Poquito Loco wrote:
Now *this* ****es me off!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/intuit-k...est-1422149606

I called the number in the article and was told I wouldn't have to
upgrade to file Schedule D (after
a lot of whining and complaining). Next year may be a different story.

If anyone wants to call and bitch, the number is in the article. Might
do some good.

Doesn't Wal-Mart have some cheap software you could use?

He's complaining that the free or cheap version doesn't do what he wants?

heheheheh.

--
Proud to be a Liberal.

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 11:33:57 -0500, Keyser Söze wrote:

On 1/27/15 11:31 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/27/2015 11:00 AM, Poquito Loco wrote:
Now *this* ****es me off!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/intuit-k...est-1422149606

I called the number in the article and was told I wouldn't have to
upgrade to file Schedule D (after
a lot of whining and complaining). Next year may be a different story.

If anyone wants to call and bitch, the number is in the article. Might
do some good.

Doesn't Wal-Mart have some cheap software you could use?

He's complaining that the free or cheap version doesn't do what he wants?

heheheheh.

Okay, here's a good example for you. Erikson made a smart-assed comment which deserves no reply.
Therefore, I have decided he gets the last word as far as any interchange between him and me. Who
appointed me the decision maker? I did. Simple. Now you can understand.

The price of the software is not the issue. Reducing its capabilities without advance notification
and wanting customers to pay an additional $30 to get the same capability they had last year without
any 'upgrade' is the issue.

Apparently Intuit is getting the word.

http://www.timesenterprise.com/news/...d107ceb05.html

Poquito Loco wrote:
[...]

Oh. You mean the last word from you. Now that you have qualified it, it
makes sense.
--
Sent from my iPhone 6+

On 27 Jan 2015 17:05:44 GMT, Keyser Söze wrote:

Poquito Loco wrote:
[...]

I suppose you thought I was banning *eveyone* from responding to Erikson? That thought would be
illogical.

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 1/27/15 11:31 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/27/2015 11:00 AM, Poquito Loco wrote:
Now *this* ****es me off!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/intuit-k...est-1422149606

I called the number in the article and was told I wouldn't have to
upgrade to file Schedule D (after
a lot of whining and complaining). Next year may be a different story.

If anyone wants to call and bitch, the number is in the article. Might
do some good.

Doesn't Wal-Mart have some cheap software you could use?

He's complaining that the free or cheap version doesn't do what he wants?

heheheheh.

Not filing is free too, eh?

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 20:02:21 -0500, Someone Else wrote:

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 1/27/15 11:31 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/27/2015 11:00 AM, Poquito Loco wrote:
Now *this* ****es me off!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/intuit-k...est-1422149606

I called the number in the article and was told I wouldn't have to
upgrade to file Schedule D (after
a lot of whining and complaining). Next year may be a different story.

If anyone wants to call and bitch, the number is in the article. Might
do some good.

Doesn't Wal-Mart have some cheap software you could use?

He's complaining that the free or cheap version doesn't do what he wants?

heheheheh.

Not filing is free too, eh?

There you go! Simple solution.

Keyser Söze wrote:
On 1/27/15 11:31 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/27/2015 11:00 AM, Poquito Loco wrote:
Now *this* ****es me off!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/intuit-k...est-1422149606

I called the number in the article and was told I wouldn't have to
upgrade to file Schedule D (after
a lot of whining and complaining). Next year may be a different story.

If anyone wants to call and bitch, the number is in the article. Might
do some good.

Doesn't Wal-Mart have some cheap software you could use?

He's complaining that the free or cheap version doesn't do what he wants?

heheheheh.

Not filing is free too, eh?

There you go! Simple solution.

Depends if you get a refund. The IRS lost my return in 2000. They lose
something like 2%. Informed me the mailing receipt did not count as they
did not know what I put in the envelope. So they put my accounts on
mandatory withholding. When we got it straightened out. I had a refund
coming on the lost forms. They sent letters out removing the withholding.
A couple accounts still withheld and it pretty much covers my estimated
taxes. So I need to file to get refund. So not filing is not free. Why I
Efile all now.

wrote:

On 1/27/15 11:31 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 1/27/2015 11:00 AM, Poquito Loco wrote:
Now *this* ****es me off!

http://www.wsj.com/articles/intuit-k...est-1422149606

I called the number in the article and was told I wouldn't have to
upgrade to file Schedule D (after
a lot of whining and complaining). Next year may be a different story.

If anyone wants to call and bitch, the number is in the article. Might
do some good.

Doesn't Wal-Mart have some cheap software you could use?

He's complaining that the free or cheap version doesn't do what he wants?

heheheheh.

If the software doesn't do the schedule D, it is basically filling out
the short form for you.
I am sure it is not going to help you with a Sch K and that support
was bad 10 years ago when I stopped using TT

TT does a good job with Sch K now. Pretty simple. I remember helping an officer do his taxes while
in Germany. The Sch K took several hours for me to do (much of which was trying to figure out what
to do). The final result was a savings of about $11 in his taxes. Unreal.

The rest is just gathering up documents, entering numbers and some 3d
grade math.

The ironic thing is when they gave the IRS work sheets to elementary
school kids, they did better than most adults ... because they simply
followed instructions and did not try to skip anything.
I tried it with our 3d grade grand daughter and she thought the
schedule D and SS worksheets were fun. (she got the same answer as me)
I was thinking she could make some extra ice cream money this spring.

--

Guns don't cause problems. The behavior
of certain gun owners causes problems.

Yippee! I got my new Turbo Tax! John H.[_5_] General 3 November 30th 13 12:46 AM
Sticky Turbo David.Parry Cruising 0 October 14th 06 06:45 PM
Kia Sedona ripoff jlrogers ASA 0 May 26th 06 03:13 AM
Marina Ripoff Falky foo Cruising 2 February 20th 05 09:57 PM