Tim Tim is offline

Default Yo Tim...with all the hearing aid money I saved....

On Sunday, January 25, 2015 at 12:28:20 PM UTC-8, Keyser Söze wrote:
On 1/25/15 2:51 PM, Tim wrote:
Not rare??? Out of some 17 million Negants built, less than 200,000 were sniper rifles.

That's rare!

Now consider those especially with all matching numbers which have survived all this time ( not the mock ups and re-arsenaled parts guns) that makes this item even rarer yet.

Wow. One of 200,000! Rare. But still an ugly rifle. To each his own.

--
Proud to be a Liberal.

Your're the one that said they weren't rare. Harry, you don't have to attempt to save face with comments like the one you just made to my response.

On 1/25/15 2:51 PM, Tim wrote:
Not rare??? Out of some 17 million Negants built, less than 200,000 were sniper rifles.

That's rare!

Now consider those especially with all matching numbers which have survived all this time ( not the mock ups and re-arsenaled parts guns) that makes this item even rarer yet.

Wow. One of 200,000! Rare. But still an ugly rifle. To each his own.

--
Proud to be a Liberal.

Your're the one that said they weren't rare. Harry, you don't have to attempt to save face with comments like the one you just made to my response.

I don't know anything about collectable guns or rifles but 200,000 made
doesn't sound particularly rare to me. Need to ask Rick Harrison on
Pawn Stars. :-)

Heck, in 1960 only 2,846 Edsels were made and the total made for all
years ('58, '59 and '60) is far less than 200,000. They aren't really
"collectable" either.

On 1/25/15 2:51 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

1 of 1000 or 1 of 5000, maybe. I have a pair of unfired hand engraved
revolvers with consecutive serial numbers that are collectible because of
the engravings, unfired condition, and serial numbers. Otherwise, they're
not rare. But they are worth a lot more than I paid for them.
--
Sent from my iPhone 6+

On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 15:42:45 -0500, Keyser Söze
wrote:

On 1/25/15 3:20 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 14:07:10 -0500, Keyser the Geezer
mumbled:

Rifle was made during WWII in the Urals, more likely used to kill German
soldiers. Pretty common rifle, not collector quality,

and if it ain't mine, it's dreck.

Well, if its yours, it must have factory dimples.

===

My Ruger III most certainly does. You probably got yours in the
bargain basement.
Tim Tim is offline

On 1/25/15 2:51 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

120,000 out of 17,000,000

The only thing that makes any item 'collectible' is relative to people that for what ever reason want to collect them.

"Need to ask Rick Harrison on Pawn Stars. :-)"

Rick wouldn't know. He'd have to call up an expert buddy of his who just 'happened to be in town'

wrote:

On 1/25/15 3:20 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 14:07:10 -0500, Keyser the Geezer
mumbled:

Rifle was made during WWII in the Urals, more likely used to kill German
soldiers. Pretty common rifle, not collector quality,

and if it ain't mine, it's dreck.

Well, if its yours, it must have factory dimples.

===

My Ruger III most certainly does. You probably got yours in the
bargain basement.

It may have, but it isn't likely Ruger did the dimpling, nor is it
likely Ruger dimpled the large number of Mark III's you claimed. And why
would the dimpling be necessary, since you can buy any number of muzzle
brakes that fit over the muzzle of the barrel and attach with a screw
where the front sight goes, such as the one on the photo you attached?
And some of the brakes are available with a drilled and tapped hole to
relocate the front sight.

Further, Ruger and its distributors have offer Mark III's with threaded
barrels for some years.

--
Proud to be a Liberal.

wrote:

On 1/25/15 3:20 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 14:07:10 -0500, Keyser the Geezer
mumbled:

Rifle was made during WWII in the Urals, more likely used to kill German
soldiers. Pretty common rifle, not collector quality,

and if it ain't mine, it's dreck.

Well, if its yours, it must have factory dimples.

===

My Ruger III most certainly does. You probably got yours in the
bargain basement.

He bragged about his 'local price' but won't give the dealer's name. Wonder why that is? Hmmm?
--

Guns don't cause problems. The behavior
of certain gun owners causes problems.

wrote:

On 1/25/15 3:20 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 14:07:10 -0500, Keyser the Geezer
mumbled:

Rifle was made during WWII in the Urals, more likely used to kill German
soldiers. Pretty common rifle, not collector quality,

and if it ain't mine, it's dreck.

Well, if its yours, it must have factory dimples.

===

My Ruger III most certainly does. You probably got yours in the
bargain basement.

He bragged about his 'local price' but won't give the dealer's name. Wonder why that is? Hmmm?

Man, you won't give up, will you? He's not going to tell you so you
can play Dick Tracy instead of Sheriff John. Or maybe it's just the
Clara in you.

wrote:

On 1/25/15 3:20 PM, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 14:07:10 -0500, Keyser the Geezer
mumbled:

Rifle was made during WWII in the Urals, more likely used to kill German
soldiers. Pretty common rifle, not collector quality,

and if it ain't mine, it's dreck.

Well, if its yours, it must have factory dimples.

===

My Ruger III most certainly does. You probably got yours in the
bargain basement.

He bragged about his 'local price' but won't give the dealer's name. Wonder why that is? Hmmm?

Man, you won't give up, will you? He's not going to tell you so you
can play Dick Tracy instead of Sheriff John. Or maybe it's just the
Clara in you.

Poor Harry needs all the help he can get, eh?

Someone told me recently that there where a couple things I could do regarding posts I didn't like.
One was not to read them. Can't remember the other, and too lazy to look it up.

Perhaps you'd be kind enough to help?

On 1/25/15 2:51 PM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Tim, I could not give a **** less what Krause and Eriksson think of this rifle. I'm happy with the
purchase, and I'll have a lot of fun shooting it. I'm sure a grandkid will have fun with it also. It
won't end up being a 'closet queen', and I don't give a rat's ass about it appreciating in value.

'Appreciation' is why go made mutual funds and gold.