Gfretwell

Default We we think the dealers are pirates

I just got my boat back from the dealer. (60 HP Merc) A water pump, 4 spark
plugs, Oil change and foot oil change ... $437 !!! EEK!

That is about 2 hours of work for me and I don't do it every day.

Harry Krause

Gfretwell wrote:

I just got my boat back from the dealer. (60 HP Merc) A water pump, 4 spark
plugs, Oil change and foot oil change ... $437 !!! EEK!

That is about 2 hours of work for me and I don't do it every day.

Were your feet squeaking?

Email sent to will never reach me.

Bill Kiene

On a new $7,000.00, 4 stroke I bet that is not too much over normal?

Tune up, oil change, service lower end, new impeller............. so with
parts and labor that could be normal in 2003 in the US?

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA
www.kiene.com

"Gfretwell" wrote in message
I just got my boat back from the dealer. (60 HP Merc) A water pump, 4

spark
plugs, Oil change and foot oil change ... $437 !!! EEK!

That is about 2 hours of work for me and I don't do it every day.

Gfretwell

Tune up, oil change, service lower end, new impeller............. so with
parts and labor that could be normal in 2003 in the US?

I'm sure it's "normal" but when a "tune up" is simply screwing in 4 spark
plugs, The impeller change is 9 bolts and the oil change is dumping out the
old, pouring in the new and screwing on a filter $300 seems like a lot of
labor. The only reason I went was to have them look at an oil leak and to
reconfirm it still "makes oil" for warranty considerations. Their answer to
those two things was "we don't know **** about that". At least if this thing
blows up sometime between now and March 2007, when the warranty expires
(probably around 2500 hours on my current use) I will be on record about the
oil problems.

Sea Ray Boats, Mid-Atlantic Dealers Announce Post-Hurricane Recovery Initiatives bomar General 0 October 2nd 03 10:15 PM
MSRP or Haggle David Ditch General 5 September 26th 03 11:40 PM
ATTN Boat dealers (?) Clams Canino General 0 August 8th 03 04:07 PM