Default More than $150 billion of oil projects face the axe

As predicted:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0JJ0CV20141205

Supply and demand economics are still alive and well. As oil prices
go down, supply will eventually drop also. There's also a good chance
that demand may start coming down as various energy saving strategies
begin to take effect and alternative sources such as solar and wind
power increase. Solar is right on the cusp of becoming truly cost
effective as panels become more efficient and production costs
continue to decrease.

On Fri, 05 Dec 2014 12:15:12 -0500, wrote:

On Fri, 05 Dec 2014 10:00:58 -0500, Wayne.B
wrote:

As predicted:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0JJ0CV20141205

Supply and demand economics are still alive and well. As oil prices
go down, supply will eventually drop also. There's also a good chance
that demand may start coming down as various energy saving strategies
begin to take effect and alternative sources such as solar and wind
power increase. Solar is right on the cusp of becoming truly cost
effective as panels become more efficient and production costs
continue to decrease.

Solar will take off when it gets below a dollar a watt at the plug.
Chinese collectors are approaching that price at the collector but you
are still buying and maintaining the rest of the system. Nat Gas
getting cheaper may actually slow the rollout of solar.

I did another survey and I will have to cut down some trees now to
make it work here. Unfortunately I would need a permit to do it
because they are "natives" and one is not on my property.
I have 2 live oaks that came up from acorns and now they are huge.

(at the bottom of these pictures)
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/house%2010%...rogression.jpg

The other day I found out I was supposed to get a permit to cut down
trees in my yard. I've had several cut down...didn't know about a
permit requirement. Oh well.

What would happen if you just had the trees cut down, or did it
yourself. Does the county have folks whose job it is to go around and
count trees?
--

"When your argument has backed a liberal into a corner,
expect to be called a racist."

wrote:

[...]

Next windstorm. Which trees fell down?

wrote:

[...]

We have to go a permit if it is over a certain size. Free. I had sick
Monterey Pine years ago. City came out gave me permit. Monterey Pines are
not really protected here. In the 1970's my mom's neighbor had a 3 large
sycamores cut down. City of Piedmont fined her $30,000.

wrote:

[...]

I found out shortly after we purchase our current house that the land
you bought and pay taxes for really doesn't belong to you. It's use is
controlled by the conservation department in the town.

KC KC is offline

wrote:

[...]

Probably depends on if anybody complains.

On Fri, 05 Dec 2014 13:39:35 -0600, Califbill

wrote:

[...]

That is part of the problem. It has been 9 years since the last storm

Rain storm made them fall down. . . .

Califbill
" Rain storm made them fall down. *. * . * . "

Really....is that what made you fall off the roof?
Tim Tim is offline

wrote:

[...]

That is one advantage of living where I do. You can cut down anything you want on your property without local reeprisal. Who cares.

On 12/6/2014 7:34 AM, True North wrote:
Califbill
" Rain storm made them fall down. . . ."

Really....is that what made you fall off the roof?

Did you get that rotten old roof of yours replaced yet?

Woodwork projects The Floating Bear Cruising 10 March 17th 13 01:56 AM
Stevenson Projects Stuart N Boat Building 1 January 9th 08 08:12 PM
Such a pretty face. Capt. Neal® ASA 4 November 24th 04 09:37 AM
KETCHUP BOY WITH RED ON HIS FACE!! Bob Crantz ASA 1 July 15th 04 05:24 PM