The Floating Bear

Default Woodwork projects

Last year (before I did the reinstall of this computer which lost me all
the bookmarks I thought I had saved) I found a great website which had a
huge selection of DIY boat improvement projects. One which I
particularly remember is for a wooden waste bin that you push into a
hole in a vertical surface and pivots about the bottom edge, so that you
can open it up as a kind of hopper and it closes again when you let go.

There were all kinds of articles describing ways to improve your boat
and things to make that would be useful.

Can I find this page again? Can I H*ll!

I'd be grateful for any pointers if somebody recognises the site I am
thinking of.

Regards,
Jerry

1973 Marcon Sabre 27 bilge keel
Plymouth, UK
JimH

"The Floating Bear" wrote in message
. uk...
Last year (before I did the reinstall of this computer which lost me all
the bookmarks I thought I had saved) I found a great website which had a
huge selection of DIY boat improvement projects. One which I
particularly remember is for a wooden waste bin that you push into a
hole in a vertical surface and pivots about the bottom edge, so that you
can open it up as a kind of hopper and it closes again when you let go.

There were all kinds of articles describing ways to improve your boat
and things to make that would be useful.

Can I find this page again? Can I H*ll!

I'd be grateful for any pointers if somebody recognises the site I am
thinking of.

Regards,
Jerry

1973 Marcon Sabre 27 bilge keel
Plymouth, UK

Maybe someone will remember. I am looking for plans for a 2 foot high dock
box. The dock box is not hard to build and I will probably just draw up my
own plans..............but if someone has plans for this it would also be
appreciated. ;-)

The Floating Bear

a 2 foot high dock box.

What's one of them?

Regards,
Jerry

1973 Marcon Sabre 27 bilge keel
Plymouth, UK
JimH

"The Floating Bear" wrote in message
. uk...
a 2 foot high dock box.

What's one of them?

Regards,
Jerry

1973 Marcon Sabre 27 bilge keel
Plymouth, UK

A lockable box kept at the dock to store things you don't want to store on
the boat all the time. Our new marina allows boxes to be only 2 feet high
so our old dock box will not work. Plastic 2 foot high dock boxes sell for
$120+, fiberglass over $500.

I plan to build a 6 foot long wood box for under $40 in materials, perhaps 2
1/2 or 3 feet deep. It should not be too difficult to build.....I was just
wondering if anyone already had plans for such a project.

Dennis Pogson

The Floating Bear wrote:
Last year (before I did the reinstall of this computer which lost me
all the bookmarks I thought I had saved) I found a great website
which had a huge selection of DIY boat improvement projects. One
which I particularly remember is for a wooden waste bin that you push
into a hole in a vertical surface and pivots about the bottom edge,
so that you can open it up as a kind of hopper and it closes again
when you let go.

There were all kinds of articles describing ways to improve your boat
and things to make that would be useful.

Can I find this page again? Can I H*ll!

I'd be grateful for any pointers if somebody recognises the site I am
thinking of.

Regards,
Jerry

1973 Marcon Sabre 27 bilge keel
Plymouth, UK

Perhaps typing "DIY boat improvement projects" into Google might throw up a
few leads.

Surfing isn't restricted to high-tech racing yachts. One thing leads to
another.

The Floating Bear

typing "DIY boat improvement projects" into Google

Did that yesterday until I was blue in the face, but to no avail.

The Floating Bear wrote:
typing "DIY boat improvement projects" into Google

Did that yesterday until I was blue in the face, but to no avail.

Regards,
Jerry

1973 Marcon Sabre 27 bilge keel
Plymouth, UK

So your documents & settings\user\favorites folder was emptied by the
re-install? Check and see if it has moved the files to Windows\temp. You
could simply do a search for "favorites" in Windows Explorer on the whole of
drive C, and if that doesn't find them they are deifinitely gone.

Found a useful site at-

http://www.diy-boat.com/index.php?op...d=50&Itemi d=
45

But no gash bin!

Regards,

Dennis.

The Floating Bear

Sadly, I did a proper, professional, clean reinstall and then
discovered that my safety Ghost image was unreadable, just like I tell
my students not to (ahem!) :-(

I found that site too and was convinced that it was the right one until
I looked a bit deeper and discovered that only a few of the projects are
online. It's very similar to the one I remember. I wonder if the site
has been rebuilt since last year, removing some of the projects.

Regards,
Jerry

1973 Marcon Sabre 27 bilge keel
Plymouth, UK
The Floating Bear

A great idea, I went to archive.org but the site hasn't changed much
over the last couple of years. If my memory is right, the colour scheme
is wrong - I remember the site I found as being on a brown background.

Regards,
Jerry

1973 Marcon Sabre 27 bilge keel
Plymouth, UK

Send Them To Greenland Funds Projects Qajaq General 0 February 17th 06 06:32 PM
Boat Projects Capt. Rob ASA 0 January 15th 06 03:54 PM
Upgrades, Repairs and projects Sailboats Mic Cruising 0 October 16th 05 08:48 AM