Default Someone's Christmas present?

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/1...t_read=1254637

On Thu, 4 Dec 2014 18:42:39 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/1...t_read=1254637

===

It's not exactly beautiful but it sure is different. They must have
delivered it through the Great Lakes and St Lawrence River. That can
be quite a dicey trip this time of year.

We've thought about doing the St Lawrence River loop cruise but after
talking to people who have done it, I'm not so sure. We've already
done just about everything else on the east coast so that would be an
interesting challenge. I really dislike cold rain and fog however.
Tim Tim is offline

On Thursday, December 4, 2014 6:42:41 PM UTC-8, True North wrote:
http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/1...t_read=1254637

Costing between 30 and 40 million? It oughta be. it's color is right, it looks gold plated. Picture number 8 tells it. That's a nice looking boat!

wrote:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/1...t_read=1254637

===

It's not exactly beautiful but it sure is different. They must have
delivered it through the Great Lakes and St Lawrence River. That can
be quite a dicey trip this time of year.

We've thought about doing the St Lawrence River loop cruise but after
talking to people who have done it, I'm not so sure. We've already
done just about everything else on the east coast so that would be an
interesting challenge. I really dislike cold rain and fog however.

Well, you do have a two month window in the summer....
I dreamed of doing the trip when I owned the Sandpiper 565 mini cruising sailboat. The plan was to tow the boat up and ride the St Lawrence River current down with some help from the sails of course.
Probably would have been ok until I passed through the Canso Causeway locks and faced the open Atlantic Ocean.

On 12/6/2014 10:55 AM, True North wrote:
mini cruising sailboat

You mean micro, don't you?

wrote:

[...]

Sandpiper 565 - L.O.A.: 18' 6" (5.65 m) ??

No thanks.

My wife and I once did a two week cruise on a 24 ft sailboat but we
were younger then, and it was all a big first time adventure.

Where would we fit the queen sized bunk, microwave oven and flat
screen TV?

wrote:

[...]

In the hotel by the river?

wrote:

[...]

I see Arrogant Wayne is back.

--
I feel no need to explain my politics to stupid right-wingers.
After all, I am *not* the Jackass Whisperer.

wrote:

[...]

I don't see that as arrogance. If you live on a boat for the length of
time he does every year those amenities are nice to have and enjoy.

wrote:

[...]

And Humorless Harry never left.