True North[_2_] True North[_2_] is offline

Default Someone's Christmas present?

On Friday, 5 December 2014 00:06:20 UTC-4, Wayne. B wrote:
On Thu, 4 Dec 2014 18:42:39 -0800 (PST), True North
wrote:

http://thechronicleherald.ca/metro/1...t_read=1254637

===

It's not exactly beautiful but it sure is different. They must have
delivered it through the Great Lakes and St Lawrence River. That can
be quite a dicey trip this time of year.

We've thought about doing the St Lawrence River loop cruise but after
talking to people who have done it, I'm not so sure. We've already
done just about everything else on the east coast so that would be an
interesting challenge. I really dislike cold rain and fog however.

Well, you do have a two month window in the summer....
I dreamed of doing the trip when I owned the Sandpiper 565 mini cruising sailboat. The plan was to tow the boat up and ride the St Lawrence River current down with some help from the sails of course.
Probably would have been ok until I passed through the Canso Causeway locks and faced the open Atlantic Ocean.