BoatBanter.com

-   -   Well .... (https://www.boatbanter.com/general/162520-well.html)

Mr. Luddite November 17th 14 05:20 PM

Well ....

I guess some of my posts of the last two days served to stir the pot for
a while.

I'll shut up now and let the newsgroup go back to focusing on local
weather reports.

Tim November 17th 14 05:50 PM

Well ....

It'd be nice if it actually got back to boats and other related activities...

Poco Loco November 17th 14 06:09 PM

Well ....

On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 09:50:15 -0800 (PST), Tim
wrote:

It'd be nice if it actually got back to boats and other related activities...

....boats and guns go together!

KC November 17th 14 06:40 PM

Well ....

On 11/17/2014 12:20 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

I guess some of my posts of the last two days served to stir the pot for
a while.

I'll shut up now and let the newsgroup go back to focusing on local
weather reports.

Well, we have no problem discussing guns, if you would just stop
denigrating those who do not agree with you, but whatever...

KC November 17th 14 06:41 PM

Well ....

On 11/17/2014 12:50 PM, Tim wrote:
It'd be nice if it actually got back to boats and other related activities...

Hey, guns and boats go together... I mean, how many murders were
committed in the last decade in Chicago by guys on boats? Seems guys on
boats are safer than other gun owners.. that's what the stats say anyway :)

Mr. Luddite November 17th 14 07:06 PM

Well ....

On 11/17/2014 1:40 PM, KC wrote:
On 11/17/2014 12:20 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

I guess some of my posts of the last two days served to stir the pot for
a while.

I'll shut up now and let the newsgroup go back to focusing on local
weather reports.

Well, we have no problem discussing guns, if you would just stop
denigrating those who do not agree with you, but whatever...

Scott, I am not "denigrating" anyone. You seem to think so but you tend
to be paranoid about things sometimes.

A debate means trying to prove your position. Trying to establish or
expose flaws in the positions of your opponents is not denigrating people.

KC November 17th 14 07:13 PM

Well ....

On 11/17/2014 2:06 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 11/17/2014 1:40 PM, KC wrote:
On 11/17/2014 12:20 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

I guess some of my posts of the last two days served to stir the pot for
a while.

I'll shut up now and let the newsgroup go back to focusing on local
weather reports.

Well, we have no problem discussing guns, if you would just stop
denigrating those who do not agree with you, but whatever...

Scott, I am not "denigrating" anyone. You seem to think so but you tend
to be paranoid about things sometimes.

A debate means trying to prove your position. Trying to establish or
expose flaws in the positions of your opponents is not denigrating people.

And a "discussion" means bringing your side to the table hopefully so
you can come together with the "correct" logical outcome... The
difference is in a discussion, you don't necessarily come in with
per-concieved ideas.

Mr. Luddite November 17th 14 07:29 PM

Well ....

On 11/17/2014 1:40 PM, KC wrote:
[...]

Then you don't understand my position. I *did* come to the discussion
table with a firm conviction on background checks and registration.
It hasn't changed. I don't expect those who's position is cemented in
the wording of the 2A to change either.

KC November 17th 14 07:35 PM

Well ....

On 11/17/2014 1:40 PM, KC wrote:
[...]

No, I understand completely. You are debating, I am discussing... not
that that's a bad thing, just like to know where we all stand.

amdx[_3_] November 17th 14 08:48 PM

Well ....

On 11/17/2014 11:50 AM, Tim wrote:
It'd be nice if it actually got back to boats and other related activities...

Blasphemy!

---