Tim Tim is offline

Default Well I guess this is one way to by votes.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/index/...cash-for-votes

Pretty brazen but I suppose it gets the job done...

On Sat, 1 Nov 2014 13:18:16 -0500, Boating All Out
wrote:

In article ,
says...

I guess my problem is that being a conservative leaning but Independent
voter is tough. It would be so much easier to register as a Republican
or Democrat and just toe the respective party line. Really no thinking
required.

If you're Independent, nowadays if you think about it, you'll vote
straight Democratic ticket. There's no Republican worth a vote.
You might split when the Democrat is is a crook, which happens.
You might also have the option to vote for a Libertarian.
Then you'll be counted as "no vote."

They don't call you 'omniscient' for nothing, do they?
Senior Member

Location: Michigan

If someone votes a straight ticket for the dems or the reps how can they call themselves independent. I would think a true independent would look at all the candidates and vote across party lines for the best, in their mind, candidate.
__________________
Rick Grew

2022 Stingray 182 SC

2004 Past Commodore
West River Yacht & Cruising Club
www.wrycc.com

On 11/2/2014 10:12 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 2 Nov 2014 07:51:31 +0000, RGrew176
wrote:

Boating All Out;1016373 Wrote:
In article
,
says...-

I guess my problem is that being a conservative leaning but Independent

voter is tough. It would be so much easier to register as a Republican

or Democrat and just toe the respective party line. Really no thinking

required.-

If you're Independent, nowadays if you think about it, you'll vote
straight Democratic ticket. There's no Republican worth a vote.
You might split when the Democrat is is a crook, which happens.
You might also have the option to vote for a Libertarian.
Then you'll be counted as "no vote."

If someone votes a straight ticket for the dems or the reps how can they
call themselves independent. I would think a true independent would look
at all the candidates and vote across party lines for the best, in their
mind, candidate.

As long as people believe a vote for a 3d party candidate is a wasted
vote, nothing will change.
Bear in mind Lincoln was a 3d party candidate and he managed to win
with less than 40% of the popular vote.

I voted for Ross Perot once but normally I pick and choose from either
the Democratic or Republican candidates for whatever office they are
running for with a emphasis on the Republican side because I tend to be
more conservative philosophically.

Ross Perot was right about a lot of things though.

KC KC is offline

wrote:

[...]

He was, and he got squashed too... As to straight ticket voting I admit
I do it for national politics. In general I would like to see a
Republican President, supported by a neutral or republican congress and
senate so for Pres, Cong, and Sen, I admit voting republican. Usually
Governor too but below that all of our local and state stuff I go
candidate by candidate...
Tim Tim is offline

I'm a few cases I've voted for a candidate that didn't have a snowballs chance in hades of winning. I vote conscience over a party dictate, and felt right in doing so.