Default Who would have thought...

"That the Republican response to the justices’ move to let same-sex
marriages proceed in nearly half the states would be .?.?. near-total
silence?"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ruth-marcus-americas-amazing-transformation-on-same-sex-marriage/2014/10/07/3426582a-4e44-11e4-babe-e91da079cb8a_story.html?wpisrc=nl-headlines&wpmm=1
or, http://tinyurl.com/n3su2gk

Maybe, just maybe, they're finally getting smart.

On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 14:58:17 -0400, wrote:

On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 14:34:45 -0400, Poco Loco
wrote:

"That the Republican response to the justices’ move to let same-sex
marriages proceed in nearly half the states would be .?.?. near-total
silence?"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/ruth-marcus-americas-amazing-transformation-on-same-sex-marriage/2014/10/07/3426582a-4e44-11e4-babe-e91da079cb8a_story.html?wpisrc=nl-headlines&wpmm=1
or,
http://tinyurl.com/n3su2gk

Maybe, just maybe, they're finally getting smart.

The ones who are firmly against it understand the limited effect of
the "punt" and the ones who are ambivalent (probably most) understand
there is no advantage to saying anything.

Personally, I am still not sure why marriage is a government function
in the first place. People are "married before God" and everything
else is simple contract law. Why not just have the government manage
the civil union, just like they do partnerships, incorporation,
property transfers and child custody issues?

Those people could be considered 'unionized'. Works for me.

In that regard, any 2 or more people should be able to enter into a
civil union. If they are going to hell for it, let the churches deal
with it. It is none of the government's business.

Amen.

I'd still consider giving GLBT's a tax break for not having kids.

On Wednesday, October 8, 2014 3:36:54 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wed, 08 Oct 2014 15:05:40 -0400, Poco Loco

I'd still consider giving GLBT's a tax break for not having kids.

Actually it works the other way. The government encourages kids with
tax breaks.

Even worse, that effectively forces those without kids (or with just one or two) to subsidize those who chose to have many children.

wrote:

[...]

I prefer the idea of "partnership". That is closer to the relationship
in business law. They have already embraced the word.

Why change the terminology from 'civil union' to 'partnership'?
Perhaps there's a legal rationale for doing so.

In that regard, any 2 or more people should be able to enter into a
civil union. If they are going to hell for it, let the churches deal
with it. It is none of the government's business.

Amen.

I'd still consider giving GLBT's a tax break for not having kids.

Actually it works the other way. The government encourages kids with
tax breaks.

I know how it works. But the Glibitsers deserve something for *not*
procreating.

wrote:

[...]

D'oh. They do procreate, as it were, just not in a way known to you,
apparently.

--
“My heart goes out to the people of Ebola.”
Sarah Palin

wrote:

[...]

Marriage licenses were not required in the states until the states decided
they needed revenue, except the first licenses were for Miscegenation
marriages. All but MD required licenses by 1935. Just make it contract
law as Gregg states.

wrote:

[...]

I cannot understand why anyone gives a tinker's dam about how or with
who consenting adults pair up.

Thought for the Day KotP-A General 0 October 15th 09 01:57 AM
Here's a thought... NOYB General 0 November 9th 06 05:48 PM
Just when you thought I ran out of hot air... FloydinTampa General 1 June 26th 06 01:31 PM
Just a thought ed General 7 June 1st 05 02:54 AM
Thought this was appropriate riverman General 7 February 27th 05 11:30 PM