Default Pulled Pord - Here it is!

The latest pulled pork recipe. Haven't tried it yet, but a friend has and says it's better than the
old one. Gonna give it a shot while at Gettysburg next week. I won't be using the frying pan for
browning, but will use the charcoal grill to singe the outside of the meat chunks.

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Bourbon-Peach Barbecue Sauce

Ingredients
2 teaspoons Spanish smoked paprika
1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 (3 1/2-pound) bone-in pork shoulder roast (Boston butt), trimmed
Cooking spray $
1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar $
1/3 cup molasses
2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 cup peach preserves
2 cups vertically sliced onion $
5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/4 cup bourbon
2 tablespoons cold water $
2 teaspoons cornstarch
Preparation
1. 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Combine paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and black
pepper; rub evenly over pork. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 10 minutes, turning
to brown on all sides. Place pork in a 6-quart electric slow cooker.
2. 2. Add stock and next 4 ingredients (through crushed red pepper) to skillet; bring to a
boil, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add preserves, stirring with a whisk. Pour mixture over
pork; top with onion and garlic. Cover and cook on LOW 6 1/2 hours or until pork is very tender.
Remove pork from pan, reserving liquid; cool slightly. Shred with 2 forks. Remove onion with a
slotted spoon; add to pork.
3. 3. Place a large zip-top plastic bag inside a 4-cup glass measuring cup. Pour cooking liquid
into bag; let stand 10 minutes (fat will rise to the top). Seal bag; carefully snip off 1 bottom
corner of bag. Drain drippings into skillet, stopping before fat layer reaches opening; discard fat.
Stir bourbon into drippings; bring to a boil. Cook 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced to about 1
1/2 cups. Combine 2 tablespoons cold water and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk;
add cornstarch mixture to sauce, stirring constantly until thickened. Stir in remaining 3/4 teaspoon
salt. Drizzle sauce over pork; toss gently to coat.

Poco Loco wrote:
[...]

Use the pan. You need to caramelize the meat, and you want the drippings
for the sauce.

On Fri, 08 Aug 2014 13:20:22 -0500, Califbill wrote:

Poco Loco wrote:
[...]

I've already had the meat on the grill. I do love the 'singed' taste that comes from the flame.
Might try the pan next time. Your comment makes sense.

So Stacey, Tony or any other home wreckers out there....U should start my getting a life that's of value and honor instead of playing **** games behind a computer screen...
KC KC is offline

On 8/8/2014 2:20 PM, Califbill wrote:
Poco Loco wrote:
[...]

Another favorite of mine is simple whole chicken. Salt and pepper, glass
pan, in over at 350 degrees for 90 minutes, add butter a few times
during cooking. I love the taste of Chicken with or without rub or
sauce, sometimes I just do it plain for chicken salad and such... well,
a little butter

Poco Loco wrote:
[...]

I have a Traegar grill, and makes smoked meats easy, and a lot healthier
than the grease on the flames BBQ.
KC KC is offline

Poco Loco wrote:
[...]

How low can you run the temps. When I smoke meats, I run between 160-170
degrees?

Poco Loco wrote:
[...]

Has a smoke setting that is below the 125 setting on the controller. Could
probably almost do a cold smoke lox probably.

Poco Loco wrote:
[...]

I don't. But I recall hearing that the black stuff on burnt pork isn't good for you. I may try the
frying pan next time.

Costco makes a fine rotisserie chicken at about the price of a raw Safeway chicken. Their rotisserie
chicken makes some great chicken soup.

Poco Loco wrote:
[...]

Way too much salt on those rotisserie fowl.