jps jps is offline

Default Armed Reverend

Well, not for long...

PHOENIX (AP) — A homeless ex-convict beat a priest with a metal rod in
his residence at a Phoenix church then wrestled away a handgun owned
by the clergyman before fatally shooting the man's assistant, police
said Monday as they announced an arrest in the case.

The attack occurred after the Rev. Joseph Terra opened the kitchen
door of the Mother of Mercy Mission rectory to investigate noises in a
courtyard on Wednesday night, police said.

Badly injured, Terra made it to his bedroom and retrieved his
..357-caliber gun but was unable to fire before the attacker grabbed
it, forced the priest to his knees and demanded money, according to
court records.

Terra soon blacked out. When he regained consciousness, the Rev.
Kenneth Walker had been shot. He died later that night. Terra, who was
able to give Walker last rites after the assault, remained
hospitalized on Monday.

Suspect Gary Michael Moran, 54, an ex-convict with a history of
violence and drug abuse, was arrested Sunday night on suspicion of
first-degree murder, burglary, and armed robbery, among other charges.

Good guy who probably shouldn't have had a gun.

On 6/17/2014 1:30 AM, jps wrote:
[...]

Career criminals should be exterminated.

What the heck was the priest doing with a gun?
That's almost unbelievable for a Canadian to fathom.

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 04:31:15 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

What the heck was the priest doing with a gun?
That's almost unbelievable for a Canadian to fathom.

Why? Can priests not enjoy hunting and shooting? I'll bet there are even Canadian priests who hunt
and shoot.

Hunt with a handgun, Johnny?
What kind of foolishness is that?

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 07:48:54 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Hunt with a handgun, Johnny?
What kind of foolishness is that?

What is foolish about hunting with a handgun? Many people do so. Here, perhaps a little reading will
help:

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/gear/hunting-gear/2010/06/25-best-handguns-hunting-ever-made

Here are some nice hunting handguns: http://www.hofmeistercustomshop.com/..._handguns.html

And, he may have used it just for target practice, as your buddy claims he does.

I'll try not to get into name-calling mode with you, Don.
KC KC is offline

On 6/17/2014 10:58 AM, Poquito Loco wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 07:48:54 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Hunt with a handgun, Johnny?
What kind of foolishness is that?

What is foolish about hunting with a handgun? Many people do so. Here, perhaps a little reading will
help:

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/gear/hunting-gear/2010/06/25-best-handguns-hunting-ever-made

Here are some nice hunting handguns: http://www.hofmeistercustomshop.com/..._handguns.html

And, he may have used it just for target practice, as your buddy claims he does.

I'll try not to get into name-calling mode with you, Don.

Not sure I would want to try coon huntin' but if I did, I wouldn't want
to try it with a rifle... sometimes these guys just say something
stupid, they really don't think beyond the words...
Tim Tim is offline

Don, down here there are deer seasons for hunting with pistols. No caliber less than .38, most preferred is ,357 and .44 mag.

On Tue, 17 Jun 2014 08:56:33 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

Don, down here there are deer seasons for hunting with pistols. No caliber less than .38, most preferred is ,357 and .44 mag.

I'm surprised he didn't answer my email, which I thought was very enlightening. Even in Canada some
folks are allowed to carry handguns in the woods - trappers, for example.
jps jps is offline

wrote:

Don, down here there are deer seasons for hunting with pistols. No caliber less than .38, most preferred is ,357 and .44 mag.

Yes, sounded like the reverand was an avid deer hunter, both hunting
and dressing the deer while in his habit. Not.

Another ****ty excuse offered by the gun fondler crowd. His cohort is
dead because of his stupidity in retrieving and pointing a weapon
without the balls to use it.

Just another example of how guns make everything more dangerous.

Armed and ready... jps General 39 September 11th 11 05:02 PM
Are you properly armed? jps General 5 January 21st 10 01:26 AM
Armed Poetry jps General 0 October 9th 09 09:14 PM
Today is Armed Forces Day SUZY ASA 0 May 20th 06 05:13 PM