Default Here come da Judge...

On 3/29/14, 2:37 PM, Poquito Loco wrote:

It's a "show gun" and conversation piece, not much more. I suppose if
you are into shooting buffalos or grizzly bears at short range it
might have some value.

If Tim was coming at you in a dark alley, you might *think* grizzly bear!

Unbelievable.

Poquito Loco wrote:
...by Taurus, that is! I'm thinking global warming may cause an infusion of rattlesnakes into the
Northern Virginia/Southern Maryland/Washington DC area, and therefore I may have need of one of
these two revolvers:

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=199&category=Revolver&toggle=&bread crumbseries=41

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_827547_-1_757767_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Anyone own one of these? I like the idea that the S&W will fire the .45 ACP. The Taurus, from what I
see, is limited to the .45 Colt, as far as .45 caliber goes.

Anyone? Who knows, maybe those damn pythons will work their way up here!

I have that Judge - the 2.5" model. It's a great little gun for home
protection or snakes, too! It will shoot the .45 Colt or the .410
shotgun shells. Go for it! They aren't that expensive.

Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 3/29/2014 9:45 AM, Poquito Loco wrote:

...by Taurus, that is! I'm thinking global warming may cause an
infusion of rattlesnakes into the
Northern Virginia/Southern Maryland/Washington DC area, and therefore
I may have need of one of
these two revolvers:

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=199&category=Revolver&toggle=&bread crumbseries=41

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_827547_-1_757767_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Anyone own one of these? I like the idea that the S&W will fire the
.45 ACP. The Taurus, from what I
see, is limited to the .45 Colt, as far as .45 caliber goes.

Anyone? Who knows, maybe those damn pythons will work their way up here!

Just a comment:

A major gun dealership in my area states unequivocally on their
website that they will *not* stock or sell handguns made by Taurus
citing poor quality, almost non-existent customer service and having
had major issues with the company.

Taurus is a Brazilian gun manufacturing company.

Mine says "Made In Brazil" Taurus, Miami, FL.

On Sun, 30 Mar 2014 00:00:20 -0400, Earl wrote:

Poquito Loco wrote:
[...]

I'm wondering if the .45ACP capability of the S&W is worth it. How hard is .45 Colt to come by. I
sure don't ever see it in my favorite, most beloved, WalMart store.
Tim Tim is offline

Poquito Loco wrote:

[...]

Probably harder than you think, and more than you care.

I like the LC but not every place has it because there's not much demand for it.

Poquito Loco wrote:

[...]

At the moment there is plenty of LC available from mail order suppliers,
but it is still expensive, at 75 cents a round.

Herring sure is "gunning up." Is he expecting an insurrection in his
neighborhood?
Tim Tim is offline

On Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:06:08 PM UTC-7, Earl wrote:
Mr. Luddite wrote:

[...]

For what you get, I think the pricing is a tad much, but not unreasonable. I don't know, I haven't been in the firearm marked for about 15 years.

On Saturday, March 29, 2014 9:45:32 AM UTC-4, John H. wrote:
...by Taurus, that is! I'm thinking global warming may cause an infusion of rattlesnakes into the

Northern Virginia/Southern Maryland/Washington DC area, and therefore I may have need of one of

these two revolvers:

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=199&category=Revolver&toggle=&bread crumbseries=41

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_827547_-1_757767_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Anyone own one of these? I like the idea that the S&W will fire the .45 ACP. The Taurus, from what I

see, is limited to the .45 Colt, as far as .45 caliber goes.

Anyone? Who knows, maybe those damn pythons will work their way up here!

I've fired a few rounds from a Judge and it's cool, but I don't see the value. The guy had some .410 shells with three 00 (I think) buckshot in them. At 10 yards they put three nice holes in a 10 inch circle.

Poquito Loco wrote:

[...]

Well, I see one must use a 'moon clip' to fire the .45ACP rounds in the S&W. Ever used one of those?
Looks like you'd have to slide the rounds in the moon clip, and then slide all the clipped rounds
into the cylinder.

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_765853_-1_757842_757839_757837_ProductDisplayErrorView_N

Here comes the judge F.O.A.D. General 0 October 22nd 13 05:14 PM
But, judge, I had the right of way! [email protected] General 1 February 6th 06 04:35 PM
sometimes, go judge a tag Prancing Refined Pussy ASA 0 April 22nd 05 12:13 PM
don't judge a paper Smoking Geek ASA 0 April 22nd 05 12:04 PM
don't judge a cat Sloppy Bored Cumguzzler ASA 0 April 8th 05 02:40 PM