Default Here come da Judge...

....by Taurus, that is! I'm thinking global warming may cause an infusion of rattlesnakes into the
Northern Virginia/Southern Maryland/Washington DC area, and therefore I may have need of one of
these two revolvers:

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=199&category=Revolver&toggle=&bread crumbseries=41

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_827547_-1_757767_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Anyone own one of these? I like the idea that the S&W will fire the .45 ACP. The Taurus, from what I
see, is limited to the .45 Colt, as far as .45 caliber goes.

Anyone? Who knows, maybe those damn pythons will work their way up here!

On 3/29/14, 9:45 AM, Poquito Loco wrote:
...by Taurus, that is! I'm thinking global warming may cause an infusion of rattlesnakes into the
Northern Virginia/Southern Maryland/Washington DC area, and therefore I may have need of one of
these two revolvers:

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=199&category=Revolver&toggle=&bread crumbseries=41

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_827547_-1_757767_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Anyone own one of these? I like the idea that the S&W will fire the .45 ACP. The Taurus, from what I
see, is limited to the .45 Colt, as far as .45 caliber goes.

Anyone? Who knows, maybe those damn pythons will work their way up here!

*You* handling a .45 with an under 3" barrel? Go for it...I'll be able
to read about your gun accident in the Wash Post.

On 3/29/2014 9:45 AM, Poquito Loco wrote:

...by Taurus, that is! I'm thinking global warming may cause an infusion of rattlesnakes into the
Northern Virginia/Southern Maryland/Washington DC area, and therefore I may have need of one of
these two revolvers:

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=199&category=Revolver&toggle=&bread crumbseries=41

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_827547_-1_757767_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Anyone own one of these? I like the idea that the S&W will fire the .45 ACP. The Taurus, from what I
see, is limited to the .45 Colt, as far as .45 caliber goes.

Anyone? Who knows, maybe those damn pythons will work their way up here!

Just a comment:

A major gun dealership in my area states unequivocally on their website
that they will *not* stock or sell handguns made by Taurus citing poor
quality, almost non-existent customer service and having had major
issues with the company.

Taurus is a Brazilian gun manufacturing company.

On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 10:19:28 -0400, "Mr. Luddite" wrote:

[...]

Maybe Taurus just can't pass that MA test requirement - fire ten rounds after filling the barrel
with concrete and running over the gun with a tank!

On 3/29/14, 10:19 AM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
[...]

What's next for Johnny the Gunner? A pistol to take into the toilet with
him?

Tim Tim is offline

On Saturday, March 29, 2014 6:45:32 AM UTC-7, John H. wrote:
...by Taurus, that is! I'm thinking global warming may cause an infusion of rattlesnakes into the

Northern Virginia/Southern Maryland/Washington DC area, and therefore I may have need of one of

these two revolvers:

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=199&category=Revolver&toggle=&bread crumbseries=41

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_827547_-1_757767_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Anyone own one of these? I like the idea that the S&W will fire the .45 ACP. The Taurus, from what I

see, is limited to the .45 Colt, as far as .45 caliber goes.

Anyone? Who knows, maybe those damn pythons will work their way up here!

john, I've handled and shot one. I was impressed with it's size, but not the price. One neat thing about it is that it will handle a .410 shotgun slug! Easy to handle with no really distinctive kick. If you load it with bird shot it's great against critters.

I'd rather have the .410's than an obsolete .45 Colt. The .410 is cheaper and supply is plentiful
Tim Tim is offline

On Saturday, March 29, 2014 10:07:49 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 09:25:51 -0700 (PDT), Tim

wrote:

Anyone? Who knows, maybe those damn pythons will work their way up here!

john, I've handled and shot one. I was impressed with it's size, but not the price. One neat thing about it is that it will handle a .410 shotgun slug! Easy to handle with no really distinctive kick. If you load it with bird shot it's great against critters.

I always wondered why a .410 slug would be more effective than a hot

load in .45LC.

To start with the powder charge in a .410 would be optimized for a 20"

or longer barrel. I would expect a major part of the powder to burn

after the slug left the muzzle.

I know guys who were serious about performance loaded very fast

powders for their "snubbies" to squeeze out maximum velocity.

Shotgun powders are pretty slow.

But at close range, (like snakes or rats or home intruders) I can't see it would make any difference. I know there are people out there that study loading to a science, but I never was one of them. If the round is easy to come up with at a reasonable cost, that's for me.

I know a guy that has a .500 SW.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/therundown/5.jpg

That shell is just plain angry. I've shot it and it's close to being a wrist breaker. And approx $3.00 a shot.

He thinks it's cool. I think "what's the point?"

On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 09:45:32 -0400, Poquito Loco
wrote:

...by Taurus, that is! I'm thinking global warming may cause an infusion of rattlesnakes into the
Northern Virginia/Southern Maryland/Washington DC area, and therefore I may have need of one of
these two revolvers:

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=199&category=Revolver&toggle=&bread crumbseries=41

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_827547_-1_757767_757751_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Anyone own one of these? I like the idea that the S&W will fire the .45 ACP. The Taurus, from what I
see, is limited to the .45 Colt, as far as .45 caliber goes.

Anyone? Who knows, maybe those damn pythons will work their way up here!

===

For a snake gun I'd use downloaded 38 special or 45 ACP with snake
shot. No sense making a lot of noise or recoil just to shoot a snake
at close range.

wrote:

[...]

It's a "show gun" and conversation piece, not much more. I suppose if
you are into shooting buffalos or grizzly bears at short range it
might have some value.

wrote:

[...]

If Tim was coming at you in a dark alley, you might *think* grizzly bear!

Here comes the judge F.O.A.D. General 0 October 22nd 13 05:14 PM
But, judge, I had the right of way! [email protected] General 1 February 6th 06 04:35 PM
sometimes, go judge a tag Prancing Refined Pussy ASA 0 April 22nd 05 12:13 PM
don't judge a paper Smoking Geek ASA 0 April 22nd 05 12:04 PM
don't judge a cat Sloppy Bored Cumguzzler ASA 0 April 8th 05 02:40 PM