Hoges in WA

Default Swing keels and lift keels

Apart from Southerlys, are there any other 'noted' swing or lift keel
makers?
Just scouting around for a long voyage retirement boat. (read = dreaming at
this stage)
thanks

--
Hoges in WA
Remove the zeds.

Mike

On Sun, 23 May 2004 15:14:41 GMT, "Hoges in WA"
wrote:

Apart from Southerlys, are there any other 'noted' swing or lift keel
makers?
Just scouting around for a long voyage retirement boat. (read = dreaming at
this stage)
thanks

Do you really want a swing or lift keel for a 'long voyage'? Where's
this voyage likely to take you?
Hoges in WA

wrote:

Apart from Southerlys, are there any other 'noted' swing or lift keel
makers?
Just scouting around for a long voyage retirement boat. (read = dreaming

at
this stage)
thanks

Do you really want a swing or lift keel for a 'long voyage'? Where's
this voyage likely to take you?

Not well explained. The aim is for a long time period but not long leaps.
Tucking into places and taking our time. Possible Atlantic crossing but not
necessarily so and possible Pacific to Aus but not necessarily so. I want
shallow draft to get in close to places and up rivers/canals etc but not
shallow draft that comes with smaller boats. I want the best of both worlds
in other words.

--
Hoges in WA
Remove the zeds.

d parker

wrote:

[...]

You may also wish to consider a bilge keeler under those circumstances.
Adams have made a swing Though.. Hanse is another as is the RL34.

Frankly if I were considering a trip like that I would prefer a fixed keel.

DP

r.k

Hoges in WA wrote:
Apart from Southerlys, are there any other 'noted' swing or lift keel
makers?
Just scouting around for a long voyage retirement boat. (read =
dreaming at this stage)
thanks

Ovni
http://www.alubat.com/english/bateaux.htm

--
risto ;-)
The [mail2risto at yahoo.dk] address is a spam dump ...

Hoges in WA

"Arbr64" wrote in message
. com...
Don't know what your budget would be, but here is a good dream boat.
http://www.owenclarkedesign.com/defa...?m=da&id=11196

Hell's Bells!

I don't think I've got enough for the single-wheel version. That's some
boat.
--
Hoges in WA
Remove the zeds.

Hoges in WA

"dodo" wrote in message
Buy a boat with fixed keel and a dinghy for the few places you does not

come
close enough to dry land.

Bjorn

I want to do things like canals and inland waterways with limited draught
plus uprivers etc like (say) Portugal etc. French waterways on my mind.

--
Hoges in WA
Remove the zeds.