Arbr64

Default Swing keels and lift keels

Don't know what your budget would be, but here is a good dream boat.
http://www.owenclarkedesign.com/defa...?m=da&id=11196

"Hoges in WA" wrote in message
"Mike" wrote in message
On Sun, 23 May 2004 15:14:41 GMT, "Hoges in WA"
wrote:

Apart from Southerlys, are there any other 'noted' swing or lift keel
makers?
Just scouting around for a long voyage retirement boat. (read =

dreaming
at
this stage)
thanks

Do you really want a swing or lift keel for a 'long voyage'? Where's
this voyage likely to take you?

Not well explained. The aim is for a long time period but not long leaps.
Tucking into places and taking our time. Possible Atlantic crossing but

not
necessarily so and possible Pacific to Aus but not necessarily so. I want
shallow draft to get in close to places and up rivers/canals etc but not
shallow draft that comes with smaller boats. I want the best of both

worlds
in other words.

--
Hoges in WA