Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Sliding into the societal abyss.

Houston cops cuff and detain man for an hour
for giving change to homeless person

Police in Houston, Texas handcuffed, detained and searched the vehicle
of an innocent man for over an hour this week, all because he gave
change to a homeless person. According to Houstons Channel 2 News,
police wrongfully accused Greg Snider of giving drugs to the man who
approached him and asked for change.

Snider said that he was pulling out of a parking deck and talking on his
cell phone when a homeless man asked if he could spare any change.
Snider rolled down his window, gave the man 75 cents and drove away.

Minutes later, a Houston police cruiser appeared in his rear-view
mirror, blue lights blazing. He pulled over and was astonished to find
himself face-to-face with a violently agitated officer.

Hes screaming. Hes yelling. Hes telling me to get out of the car.
Hes telling me to put my hands on the hood, Snider recounted. Theyre
like, We saw you downtown. We saw what you did. And I was like, Are
you kidding me? I gave a homeless man 75 cents.

Officers dragged Snider from his car and cuffed him on the side of the
road. At least 10 other police cruisers arrived at the scene and the
officers spent an hour with drug-sniffing dogs, ripping apart the
interior of Sniders car and looking for drugs that werent there.

Finally, the police were forced to admit their mistake and let Snider
go. He is considering legal action and was particularly put off that the
cops seemed to find the whole thing funny.

He said everything was a misunderstanding and that I was free to go,
Snider said. They were laughing and everything.

Watch video about this story, embedded below:

http://tinyurl.com/p3dmuey

- - - - -

In a previous post about misbehaving kids, I mentioned there were a lot
of changes in our society in the last 60 years that contributed to the
problem, and it was a lot more than just plain parenting.

This is a brutal country we live inand the brutality teaches our
children much that is bad.

South Florida Sliding into the Abyss? F.O.A.D. General 2 September 9th 13 08:09 PM
Sliding down the slope... ESAD General 1 December 20th 12 02:44 PM
Conservative Cain Sludes Back into the Primordial Abyss X ` Man[_3_] General 41 November 9th 11 01:49 PM
Slip sliding away... Tom Francis - SWSports General 0 January 5th 09 12:13 PM
Sliding Portlights mlkress Boat Building 2 July 20th 07 01:40 PM