Default Happy Birthday...

....Sir Issac.

If you don’t follow Neil deGrasse Tyson, you might not know that 25
December is the birthday of a man who showed us all a way to know the
Cosmos . . .

....Sir Issac Newton, born 25 December 1642 in Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.

Sir Issac’s list of accomplishments was long and impressive, and not the
least of which was his appointment as holder of the Lucasian Chair of
Mathematics at the University of Cambridge, the same chair until recent
years was held by Stephen Hawking. Newton was a liberal arts student and
received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees at Trinity College, Cambridge.
--
Religion: together we can find the cure.

On 12/25/13 9:07 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:

...Sir Issac.

If you don’t follow Neil deGrasse Tyson, you might not know that 25
December is the birthday of a man who showed us all a way to know the
Cosmos . . .

...Sir Issac Newton, born 25 December 1642 in Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.

Sir Issac’s list of accomplishments was long and impressive, and not the
least of which was his appointment as holder of the Lucasian Chair of
Mathematics at the University of Cambridge, the same chair until recent
years was held by Stephen Hawking. Newton was a liberal arts student and
received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees at Trinity College, Cambridge.

Happy birthday Sir Issac.

Now, I have another "Mac" question.

I installed Thunderbird on the iMac and am using it for the first time
with this post.

When I first opened and read your post (above and which also originated
on a Mac) some of the characters did not display properly. For example,
anything with an apostrophe, like in the word "don't" displayed with
some weird characters in place of the apostrophe.

I checked the same post in Thunderbird on the Vista laptop and
everything displayed correctly.

When I went back and re-opened your post on the iMac, it changed for
some unknown reason and now displays correctly.

I've noticed this before when people send emails from iPhones. Quite
often there are weird characters in place of an apostrophe.

Why, Mr. Apple Genius?

On 12/25/13, 9:42 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:
On 12/25/13 9:07 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:

[...]

Interesting. I sometimes get odd characters with messages posted from
smart phones, but not always.

Check the T’bird preferences under Display and see what the Character
Encodings are set to.

Fonts for: should be Western

I also have Font Control set to “allow messages to use other fonts.

Under Character Encodings:

Both of mine are Western (ISO-8859-1).

On 12/25/13 9:07 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:

[...]

Thanks. I'll check them. (back on the Windows machine right now).

As mentioned, I've noticed this before on both my Windows PCs. The
only thing I think that was in common was that they were sent from a Mac
device ... either an iPhone or Mac computer.

In article , says...

On 12/25/13 9:07 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:

[...]

Most likely an HTML issue.

http://www.html-apostrophe.com/

In article , says...

On 12/25/13 9:07 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:

[...]

Good point. When I was using Windows Live Mail, I had email set to
html but had newsgroups set to plain text.

I'll have to check the settings in Thunderbird (if I can find them).

On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 21:07:00 -0500, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

...Sir Issac.

If you don’t follow Neil deGrasse Tyson, you might not know that 25
December is the birthday of a man who showed us all a way to know the
Cosmos . . .

...Sir Issac Newton, born 25 December 1642 in Lincolnshire, United Kingdom.

Sir Issac’s list of accomplishments was long and impressive, and not the
least of which was his appointment as holder of the Lucasian Chair of
Mathematics at the University of Cambridge, the same chair until recent
years was held by Stephen Hawking. Newton was a liberal arts student and
received his bachelor’s and master’s degrees at Trinity College, Cambridge.

Wow. A big part of the world also celebrates the birth of Jesus on the same day. Cool.

Of course, Jesus didn't have near the impact of Isaac.
--

Have a Blessed Chrismahanukwanzakah and a Spectacular New Year!

John H

Happy Birthday to... Harryk General 3 July 18th 11 07:19 PM
Happy Birthday!!! Tom Francis - SWSports General 4 November 11th 08 01:24 AM
Happy Birthday DK!! John H.[_4_] General 3 May 17th 08 01:29 AM
Happy Birthday Joe ASA 5 November 11th 07 02:15 PM
Happy Birthday! Maynard G. Krebbs General 2 November 10th 07 01:00 PM