Default Last days of summer

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:06:27 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

Took the Legend Xcalibur out to Grand lake today for some late summer boating.
Finally got on the water at noon and it was as smooth as silk. Easily the calmest water we've seen on this lake since I started talking the Princecraft Yukon out there years ago.
Was such a pleasure zooming along that I had to be careful to keep the revs down. I don't think they advise zipping along at 5000 RPM for too long.

Stopped just off shore from what we think is hockey player Sydney Crosby's house and had a light lunch of a banana and cool clear water.
Forgot the dogs 'GatorAid' water bottle so the wife had to let him drink from her cup after she was through.

This is the third trip out since I had the trim gauge installed and must admit that it was money well spent. The upper end of the lake can get shallow so I trim the motor up a bit to save bashing the prop on rocks and it's nice to know where it stands.
A couple of times I strayed into 4 foot water depth and trimmed up, only to trim down again to speed up in deeper water.
No such problem in the larger lower portion which has 150+ depths.
Saw a few fishermen out there but only talked to one old guy at the ramp who hadn't caught anything.
The HummingBird 170 indicated lots of fish in certain areas. Might have to get a license, file down the barb and try some catch & release next year.

Beautiful day, and tomorrow and Saturday should be the same but a bit cooler than todays 25C.

A very nice post. Thank you!
--

John H.

Hope you're having a great day!

On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:42:04 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

I think Hanky is hallucinating.
He's the one who mentioned I might damage my "bellows"??

Maybe he was just trying to be helpful, and forgot you had an outboard and not a stern drive. Why
such antisocial behavior for his post?

On 9/19/2013 6:44 PM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 9/19/13 6:42 PM, True North wrote:
I think Hanky is hallucinating.
He's the one who mentioned I might damage my "bellows"??

Oh. Maybe he's never seen an outboard motor. I've always had a strong
dislike for outdrives.

Oh, I've seen them. Even owned a few. In fact I own one now.

On 9/19/2013 7:27 PM, John H wrote:
On Thu, 19 Sep 2013 15:42:04 -0700 (PDT), True North wrote:

I think Hanky is hallucinating.
He's the one who mentioned I might damage my "bellows"??

Maybe he was just trying to be helpful, and forgot you had an outboard and not a stern drive. Why
such antisocial behavior for his post?

Krause sets the standard for Donnie's behavior. Need I say more?

Hopefully you'll say less, Hankie.

"Hank©" wrote in message
eb.com...

On 9/19/2013 6:06 PM, True North wrote:
[...]

Catch and release? Catch and eat is the humane way to fish.

By the way there is a trim limit switch on your setup. You can use
that
switch to trim to the *safe* upper limit and any position between that
and full down trim.y it Be aware that the gauge is less than accurate
and you risk tearing your bellow if you rely on it.

--------------------------------

Doesn't he have an outboard? What bellow?

eb.com...

"Hank©" wrote in message
[...]

--------------------------

I responded too quickly. Didn't see the others. Just making sure
you haven't lost all your marbles.

On 9/19/2013 8:32 PM, Mr. Luddite wrote:

eb.com...

"Hank©" wrote in message
[...]

Maybe I have. Somehow I never associated the need or desire to have a
trim gauge with outboards.

True North wrote:
[...]

Isn't that a 6000 RPM motor? Trim gauges are a crutch. Learn to ignore
it so you can operate the boat when it dies.

Endless Summer - Endless Summer 4182.jpg Steve[_10_] Tall Ship Photos 0 August 13th 12 01:47 AM
First 100 days... lupowell General 0 June 16th 09 05:26 PM
1,000 days at sea .. NE Sailboat Cruising 14 May 1st 07 11:33 PM
A study of the number of boats in the San Juan Islands on summer days Chuck Gould General 31 March 17th 07 02:22 AM
Those hot summer days TB General 0 January 22nd 05 08:30 PM