Default Wise Words

Old but worth repeating:

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man
is a shame; two is a law firm and three or more is a government. John
Adams

If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read
the newspaper you are misinformed. Mark Twain

Suppose you were an idiot . And suppose you were a member of
government . But then I repeat myself. Mark Twain

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity
is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by
the handle. Winston Churchill

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the
support of Paul. George Bernard Shaw

Foreign aid might be defined as a transfer of money from poor
people in rich countries to rich people in poor countries. Douglas
Casey, Classmate of Bill Clinton at Georgetown University

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and
car keys to teenage boys. P.J. O'Rourke, Civil Libertarian

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors
to live at the expense of everybody else. Frederic Bastiat, French
economist(1801-1850)

I don't make jokes . I just watch the government and report the
facts. Will Rogers

In general, the art of government consists of taking as much money
as possible from one party of the citizens to give to the other.
Voltaire (1764)

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean
politics won't take an interest in you! Pericles (430 B.C.)

No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature
is in session. Mark Twain (1866)

Talk is cheap...except when government does it. Anonymous

The government is like a baby's alimentary canal, with a happy
appetite at one end and no control at the other. Ronald Reagan

The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that
the taxidermist leaves the skin. Mark Twain

There is no distinctly Native American criminal class. . . save
government. Mark Twain

What this country needs are more unemployed politicians. Edward
Langley, Artist (1928-1995)

A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong
enough to take everything you have. Thomas Jefferson

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public
office. Aesop

On 8/19/13 8:28 PM, Wayne B wrote:
[...]

Tea Bagger talk these days.

On Mon, 19 Aug 2013 20:33:55 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 8/19/13 8:28 PM, Wayne B wrote:
[...]

=======

Winston Churchill, Tom Jefferson, Mark Twain and Voltaire as members
of the Tea Party?

Only in your mind. Government is not the solution, in large part it
is the problem.

On 8/19/13 8:28 PM, Wayne B wrote:
[...]

Loonytarian+Teabaggers. Without government, you'd be eating rutabagas and
acorns.

wrote:

On 8/19/13 8:28 PM, Wayne B wrote:
[...]

Without excessive government, we wouldn't be in the fifth year of a
global recession.

Wise old man JohnH[_3_] General 0 November 28th 08 10:06 PM
A wise decision... Chuck Gould General 0 June 13th 07 04:16 PM
No wise men around here Wise Man ASA 17 October 18th 05 10:52 PM
Wise Words Bob Crantz ASA 4 December 6th 04 06:37 PM