Default There is justice...

....in this world...

http://weburbanist.com/2012/09/04/ab...rgest-library/

On 7/31/13 1:26 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 12:33:46 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

...in this world...

http://weburbanist.com/2012/09/04/ab...rgest-library/

They took an abandoned shopping mall here and made it a school board
office complex.

Good.

On 7/31/13 3:28 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 13:29:52 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 7/31/13 1:26 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 12:33:46 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

...in this world...

http://weburbanist.com/2012/09/04/ab...rgest-library/

They took an abandoned shopping mall here and made it a school board
office complex.

Good.

Why?

Do you really think they need a half million square feet of office
space too administer 50,000 students? That does not include
maintenance facilities, warehouses and other support buildings around
the county.
It is no wonder we spend $22,000 a kid.

I don't know what "they" need, but I'm glad existing structures are
being used.

In article ,
says...

wrote:
On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 12:33:46 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

...in this world...

http://weburbanist.com/2012/09/04/ab...rgest-library/

They took an abandoned shopping mall here and made it a school board
office complex.

Good.

Why?

Do you really think they need a half million square feet of office
space too administer 50,000 students? That does not include
maintenance facilities, warehouses and other support buildings around
the county.
It is no wonder we spend $22,000 a kid.

Reuse of an abandon building.

In article , says...

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 16:50:00 -0400, iBoaterer
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:
On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 12:33:46 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

...in this world...

http://weburbanist.com/2012/09/04/ab...rgest-library/

They took an abandoned shopping mall here and made it a school board
office complex.

Good.

Why?

Do you really think they need a half million square feet of office
space too administer 50,000 students? That does not include
maintenance facilities, warehouses and other support buildings around
the county.
It is no wonder we spend $22,000 a kid.

Reuse of an abandon building.

Considering how much empty space the school board was already sitting
in it seemed extravagant to me and far more space than they need.

Bear in mind this wasn't abandoned in the sense that they got it free
or even cheap. They paid market value, maybe more.

But, but, but, they shutdown a Walmart! Shouldn't they get a prize from the AFL-CIO?

On 8/2/2013 8:57 PM, BAR wrote:
In article , says...

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 16:50:00 -0400, iBoaterer
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:
[...]

Yeah.. .we "needed" a new firehouse cause the old one was so bad, it was
"uninhabitable" and shut down by the whatever dept in town. They got
their new two story one with the sauna, pool tables, vending machines,
weights....etc... Then the town miraculously noticed the old building
wasn't so bad so they rented it out to a local businessman. Nice
location too. on the main road through town

In article ,
says...

On 8/2/2013 8:57 PM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 16:50:00 -0400, iBoaterer
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:
[...]

Yeah, who do those firefighters and medical personnel think they are.
Just because they have to live their for 48 hour shifts for **** pay
doesn't mean they should live without mold, leaky roofs, insects and
rodents...

On 8/3/13 7:46 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 8/2/2013 8:57 PM, BAR wrote:
In article ,
says...

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 16:50:00 -0400, iBoaterer
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:
[...]

We have three reasonably new or newly expanded firehouses I pass by at
least once a week in our part of the county. They are nice brick
buildings, well-maintained, and there are amenities inside and out for
the firefighters, most of whom are community volunteers and some of whom
are not. These are the guys and gals who rush into burning buildings and
cut cars up so injured people can be taken to the hospital, usually in a
fire department ambulance. Everyone appreciates what they do.

I've never met anyone in the county who thinks we should take away the
big screen TVs, exercise equipment or any of the other amenities in the
firehouses.

Of course, PsychoSnotty doesn't live in this county, thankfully. I don't
think he'd last long, mouthing off the way he does.

Republican justice? X ` Man[_3_] General 9 December 27th 11 06:54 PM
Texas Justice jps General 25 December 21st 09 09:13 AM
justice? Frogwatch General 13 June 26th 09 02:49 AM
No justice.... Don White General 14 November 25th 07 02:18 AM
OT : Justice Prevails Harry Krause General 68 November 13th 03 01:17 PM