JustWaitAFrekinMinute JustWaitAFrekinMinute is offline

Default There is justice...

On 8/2/2013 8:57 PM, BAR wrote:
In article , says...

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 16:50:00 -0400, iBoaterer
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 13:29:52 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 7/31/13 1:26 PM,
wrote:
On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 12:33:46 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

...in this world...

http://weburbanist.com/2012/09/04/ab...rgest-library/

They took an abandoned shopping mall here and made it a school board
office complex.

Good.

Why?

Do you really think they need a half million square feet of office
space too administer 50,000 students? That does not include
maintenance facilities, warehouses and other support buildings around
the county.
It is no wonder we spend $22,000 a kid.

Reuse of an abandon building.

Considering how much empty space the school board was already sitting
in it seemed extravagant to me and far more space than they need.

Bear in mind this wasn't abandoned in the sense that they got it free
or even cheap. They paid market value, maybe more.

But, but, but, they shutdown a Walmart! Shouldn't they get a prize from the AFL-CIO?

Yeah.. .we "needed" a new firehouse cause the old one was so bad, it was
"uninhabitable" and shut down by the whatever dept in town. They got
their new two story one with the sauna, pool tables, vending machines,
weights....etc... Then the town miraculously noticed the old building
wasn't so bad so they rented it out to a local businessman. Nice
location too. on the main road through town