Default So, can he shoot your daughter?

On 7/23/13 8:05 PM, Eisboch wrote:

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 18:02:41 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

On 7/23/13 5:24 PM, wrote:

He was a stranger INSIDE the fence of a gated community. This was not
a public street.

The entire community had a gate around it, with a guard at the
entrance(s)?

-------------------------------------

I am sure each gated community (governed by their respective HOAs) have
their own rules and regulations, but they are private communities, not
public.

The one we lived in (in Jupiter) was gated with uniformed guards at the
entrance. The guards were armed with Glocks. Only residents and
guests with permission to enter for specific days were allowed within
the community.

When we bought the house Mrs.E. had not seen it yet. I made our offer
on it shortly after taking the Navigator down there. Mrs.E. flew down
the day before the closing and we drove over to the community the
evening before and attempted to enter so I could show her what we were
buying. The guard was a good looking but tough sounding female who,
despite my pleas and explanations, politely but firmly refused entry
with her palm of her hand on her holstered but very visible sidearm.
Once we closed on the house and had the required barcode sticker on the
vehicles, she was always pleasant with a wave and big smile.

It's kind of laughable for a community to present itself as "gated,"
when the gate is wide open and there are no uniformed guards.

An architect friend of mine lived in Malibu Colony for many years, and
when I was in LA and went to visit him, there was a guard's gate and a
uniformed guard. If your name was on the visitor's list, you got in and
if not and the guard could verify you were a guest (verify via phone
call), you also got in. I didn't notice whether the guards were armed.

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
m...

It's kind of laughable for a community to present itself as "gated,"
when the gate is wide open and there are no uniformed guards.

The one we were in consisted of 1,000 acres total. There were fences
surrounding the developed areas with manned gates at the vehicle
entrance/exit points but I doubt the entire 1,000 acres was surrounded
by a fence. In fact, I am sure it was not. People on foot could
theoretically gain access but the place was built out in the middle
of nowhere, surrounded by swamps, alligators, snakes who knows what.
We never had any unexpected visitors.

The regular town police rarely entered either. The only time I recall
ever seeing the Jupiter police department inside the community was at
my son's wedding. We had a pretty loud and well attended outdoor
party going on that lasted a little later at night than it should
have. It was understandable since it was on a Thursday night of all
times. They came out twice. The first time they asked me to get
the music turned down a bit and also asked me what time it would end.
I told them it would be over by 10 pm. I couldn't get the band to
stop though. By 10:30 the police came back and told me that if it
didn't end *now* the bride and groom would spend their first married
night in jail (along with me). I went back, found the circuit
breakers for all the amps, etc., and tripped them. Fun night
though.

On 7/23/13 5:24 PM, wrote:

[...]

Malibu Colony along the beach has no gates, or guards. up in the hills of
Malibu they have gates and guards. The colony is along the highway with
little space to a crowded road.

In article ,
says...

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
m...

On 7/23/13 3:58 PM, Eisboch wrote:

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message

On 7/23/13 3:24 PM, Eisboch wrote:

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
m...

Zimmerman called the police to report that a black kid was walking
through his neighborhood. He also stated the police never showed up
ontime to catch his "suspect," so he took the law into his own
hands.

That's the liberal media and activist version of what transpired.
Obviously you have jumped on the bandwagon and embraced it.

Unfortunately, it just isn't borne out with the facts, including
the
transcribed initial telephone call Zimmerman made to the
dispatcher.

Zimmerman didn't call the police to report that a black kid was
walking
through his neighborhood. Read the transcripts of the phone
call.
They aren't speculation or "made up".

Yeah, he didn't say "black kid." BFD. He saw a kid walking through
the
neighborhood, the kid was black, and Zimmerman therefore thought he
was
about to commit a crime.

------------------------------

His first words we

"Hey, we've had some break-ins in my neighborhood, and there's a
real
suspicious guy-- it's Retreat View Circle. The best address I can
give
you is 111 Retreat View Circle. This guy looks like he's up to no
good,
or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking
around, looking about."

Keep in mind that initially Zimmerman didn't know if Martin was
black or
not. The dispatcher asked if he was white, black or Hispanic.
Zimmerman answered, "He looks black". Later, when Martin
approached
Zimmerman's car, he (Zimmerman) confirmed Martin was black and gave
an
approximate age. Point is ... he didn't "target" Martin because he
was
black, as much as you and others would like to think or claim that
he did.

Also keep in mind that his neighborhood is considered a high crime
rate
area .... 8 or more documented home invasions/burglaries in 14-15
months. We rarely have one every two or three years in the area we
live in.

"He looks black."

"He looks like he is up to no good."

And what was the kid doing, aside from walking around with a bag of
candy and talking on the cell?

Why, he was "up to no good."

Why do you (and others) so conveniently compartmentalize statements
and sequences of events? Well, actually I know. It's because they
become talking points that support false allegations.

The truth lies in the application of common sense, taking all known
facts into account. That's what a jury is supposed to do .... and
did in this case.
In a high crime rate neighborhood Zimmerman's concerns or suspicions
were perfectly justified and reasonable.

"Common sense" would have had Zimmerman staying in his car and wait for
the police, like the dispatcher suggested, and like the police's
representative told them at the neighborhood watch meeting, and like the
pamphlets handed out also stated.

"iBoaterer" wrote in message

"Common sense" would have had Zimmerman staying in his car and wait
for
the police, like the dispatcher suggested, and like the police's
representative told them at the neighborhood watch meeting, and like
the
pamphlets handed out also stated.

I agree with you .... except for the part about the dispatcher
"suggesting" that he stay in his car. That didn't happen.
Zimmerman was already out of his car, prompted by the dispatcher's
question, "Where is he"? When told "we don't need you to do that",
Zimmerman replied "Ok" and attempted to return to his car, according
to his account.

The rest I agree with. Only thing is, nothing he did was illegal and
there's nothing to suggest that Zimmerman physically threatened
Martin or attacked him . If you and others have concluded in your
imaginations that he did, so be it but there is absolutely zero
evidence of that.

On 7/24/13 8:43 AM, Eisboch wrote:

[...]

There's nothing to suggest that Martin started the altercation.

"iBoaterer" wrote in message

[...]

Doesn't matter who started it. Does matter who turned it into a violent,
agressive, head pounding, smackdown.