Default For whom the bell tolls...

Univision snags No. 1 TV rating in July

By Douglas Hanks

Univision expects to claim a coveted title this month: the most-watched
network on television.

The Spanish-language broadcaster leads the July ratings race for adult
viewers under 50, beating out the “Big Four” for the No. 1 spot in prime
time. On Monday, Univision launched a bragging blitz with an open letter
to ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC declaring “Número Uno is the new Number One”
and ending with the sign-off line: “We are the new American reality.”

This would be the first time Univision has outright won a “sweeps”
period, loosely defined as a month where Nielsen collects especially
detailed viewing data for advertisers. Nielsen hasn’t released its final
prime-time ratings for the month, but preliminary numbers show Univision
edging out the other networks in the under-50 category between the hours
of 8 p.m. and 11 p.m.. Univision executives say their internal numbers
show a July win is inevitable.

“Obviously, it’s an historic milestone for Univision, and frankly for
Spanish-language media in general,’’ said Cesar Conde, president of
Univision, which is headquartered in Doral. “It was a pretty substantial
win.”

- - -

And what is Univision featuring this week? Interviews and news videos of
Republicans in the U.S. Senate and House speaking out against
immigration and saying horrible things about Hispanics.

Delicious.

You're going to drive poor Johnny around the bend.
Maybe he'll pack up and move everything to Alaska.

On 7/22/13 9:19 PM, True North wrote:
You're going to drive poor Johnny around the bend.
Maybe he'll pack up and move everything to Alaska.

Lot of darker skinned native Americans up there...Herring won't like that.
Tim Tim is offline

On Monday, July 22, 2013 8:23:09 PM UTC-5, F.O.A.D. wrote:

Lot of darker skinned native Americans up there.

Does that include ....me?

..Herring won't like that.

I don't know why not. I enjoy talking with John. I gave him some recommendations on buying a Kimber for both he and his wife. Even though He's familiar with .45's from his service days, I helped him on some update assembly tips for cleaning and oiling the mechanism.

He's always treated me just fine.

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 19:54:42 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Monday, July 22, 2013 8:23:09 PM UTC-5, F.O.A.D. wrote:

Lot of darker skinned native Americans up there.

Does that include ....me?

..Herring won't like that.

I don't know why not. I enjoy talking with John. I gave him some recommendations on buying a Kimber for both he and his wife. Even though He's familiar with .45's from his service days, I helped him on some update assembly tips for cleaning and oiling the mechanism.

He's always treated me just fine.

Careful, Tim, you'll burst his bubble.

John (Gun Nut) H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!

Tim Tim is offline

On Saturday, July 27, 2013 9:48:01 AM UTC-5, John H wrote:
On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 19:54:42 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On Monday, July 22, 2013 8:23:09 PM UTC-5, F.O.A.D. wrote:

Lot of darker skinned native Americans up there.

Does that include ....me?

..Herring won't like that.

I don't know why not. I enjoy talking with John. I gave him some recommendations on buying a Kimber for both he and his wife. Even though He's familiar with .45's from his service days, I helped him on some update assembly tips for cleaning and oiling the mechanism.

He's always treated me just fine.

Careful, Tim, you'll burst his bubble.

John (Gun Nut) H.

--

Hope you're having a great day!

Well John. From meeting me personally, you've probably noticed I'm not the 'whitest" guy on the planet....

LOL!
Tim Tim is offline

On Monday, July 22, 2013 9:13:10 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Not really. The Eskimos are fairly fair skinned compared to the SW

indians (way lighter than Connecticut indians)

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/alaska/lovi...d%20willie.jpg

Willie is 100% Eskimo, Lovie is a Cajun.

And Timmy is a blend of Anglo, Choctaw and Cherokee.

?;^ )

On 7/22/13 10:56 PM, Tim wrote:
On Monday, July 22, 2013 9:13:10 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Not really. The Eskimos are fairly fair skinned compared to the SW

indians (way lighter than Connecticut indians)

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/alaska/lovi...d%20willie.jpg

Willie is 100% Eskimo, Lovie is a Cajun.

And Timmy is a blend of Anglo, Choctaw and Cherokee.

?;^ )

My wife is 1/8th Cherokee. The other eighths are Irish, Scots, English,
German, and a couple of others. I'm a European mutt.

F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 7/22/13 10:56 PM, Tim wrote:
On Monday, July 22, 2013 9:13:10 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Not really. The Eskimos are fairly fair skinned compared to the SW

indians (way lighter than Connecticut indians)

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/alaska/lovi...d%20willie.jpg

Willie is 100% Eskimo, Lovie is a Cajun.

And Timmy is a blend of Anglo, Choctaw and Cherokee.

?;^ )

My wife is 1/8th Cherokee. The other eighths are Irish, Scots,
English, German Shepard, and a couple of others. I'm a European mutt.

Really?

Ask not for whom the bell tolls... X ` Man[_3_] General 3 November 7th 11 02:03 PM
Ted Bell banned! Jonathan ASA 3 February 4th 07 01:42 AM
Ask not for whom the poll tolls Skipper General 7 November 4th 05 08:46 PM
For whom the bell tolls... Dr. Karen Grear MD, PHD General 52 February 14th 05 07:42 PM