Default NOW HEAR THIS... Boating post to follow..

Took the 16 Xcalibur to the largest local lake yesterday in another attempt to burn some more of that 8 month old gas still in it's tank.

The plan is to burn all the old gas off and then change the gas/water separation filter.

Don't know if it's just me, but I find lake boating a bit boring compared to the beautiful mostly unspoiled ocean bays here on the coast.
The advantage of course is not worrying about the tide schedule at the launch ramp and not having to flush the outboard, boat and trailer when I return home.

When I did return and after backing the rig into my driveway, I noticed rubber scuffed off the trailer's tires due to the sharp (almost jackknifing) turning required. Guess I could use this as another excuse to buy that electric drive tongue dolly that I was investigating a while back. ;-)

On 7/17/13 7:44 AM, True North wrote:
Took the 16 Xcalibur to the largest local lake yesterday in another attempt to burn some more of that 8 month old gas still in it's tank.

The plan is to burn all the old gas off and then change the gas/water separation filter.

Don't know if it's just me, but I find lake boating a bit boring compared to the beautiful mostly unspoiled ocean bays here on the coast.
The advantage of course is not worrying about the tide schedule at the launch ramp and not having to flush the outboard, boat and trailer when I return home.

When I did return and after backing the rig into my driveway, I noticed rubber scuffed off the trailer's tires due to the sharp (almost jackknifing) turning required. Guess I could use this as another excuse to buy that electric drive tongue dolly that I was investigating a while back. ;-)

The few times I went fishing on Florida's lakes, I found the "boating"
and scenery part of it...boring.

On 7/17/2013 7:44 AM, True North wrote:
Took the 16 Xcalibur to the largest local lake yesterday in another attempt to burn some more of that 8 month old gas still in it's tank.

The plan is to burn all the old gas off and then change the gas/water separation filter.

Don't know if it's just me, but I find lake boating a bit boring compared to the beautiful mostly unspoiled ocean bays here on the coast.
The advantage of course is not worrying about the tide schedule at the launch ramp and not having to flush the outboard, boat and trailer when I return home.

When I did return and after backing the rig into my driveway, I noticed rubber scuffed off the trailer's tires due to the sharp (almost jackknifing) turning required. Guess I could use this as another excuse to buy that electric drive tongue dolly that I was investigating a while back. ;-)

Is your street and driveway so narrow that you can't make the turn
without (almost jacknifing). Perhaps city dwellas shouldn't be ownin
vehicles that they have to shoehorn onto their property.
Banned

On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:21:33 AM UTC-4, Hank© wrote:

Is your street and driveway so narrow that you can't make the turn

without (almost jacknifing). Perhaps city dwellas shouldn't be ownin

vehicles that they have to shoehorn onto their property.

Cockhole will be stuck Boating in local ponds with his Bass Boat forever.

What a retard.

True North wrote:
Took the 16 Xcalibur to the largest local lake yesterday in another attempt to burn some more of that 8 month old gas still in it's tank.

The plan is to burn all the old gas off and then change the gas/water separation filter.

Don't know if it's just me, but I find lake boating a bit boring compared to the beautiful mostly unspoiled ocean bays here on the coast.
The advantage of course is not worrying about the tide schedule at the launch ramp and not having to flush the outboard, boat and trailer when I return home.

When I did return and after backing the rig into my driveway, I noticed rubber scuffed off the trailer's tires due to the sharp (almost jackknifing) turning required. Guess I could use this as another excuse to buy that electric drive tongue dolly that I was investigating a while back. ;-)

What is so difficult in backing up such a small boat? If you are
"almost" jackknifing it, you are doing it incorrectly.

But a real fuel/water separator that you can drain. Check out Racor
with the clear/blue bowl. I have them on both of my boats. The others
are a guessing game. You can see and drain water at-will with a Racor.

On 7/17/2013 8:21 PM, Earl wrote:
True North wrote:
[...]

He has the original fuel that came with the boat. At the rate he's using
it it should last him ten years or more. One has to wonder why he bought
the boat if he's going to use a quart of fuel a year.

On Wed, 17 Jul 2013 20:21:21 -0400, Earl wrote:

True North wrote:
[...]

----

Yes, that is definitely the way to go on boats that don't have an
enclosed bilge space:

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/product.do?part=73670

True North wrote:
[...]

Good point Wayne.
Its too bad they don't include that caveat in their advertizing