Junior Member

Default Stingray trim problems

My 2002 stingray 190 trim is stuck in the up position. My dealer said one of the hydraulic cylinders is locked up and needs replacing. The quote is $550 for parts and $250 for installation. Does anyone know if the old cylinder can be rebuilt or repaired? Any lower price sources ? Thanks
Banned

On Friday, June 28, 2013 1:15:19 PM UTC-4, Ptbsjb wrote:
My 2002 stingray 190 trim is stuck in the up position. My dealer said

one of the hydraulic cylinders is locked up and needs replacing. The

quote is $550 for parts and $250 for installation. Does anyone know if

the old cylinder can be rebuilt or repaired? Any lower price sources ?

Thanks

Search Ebay. The Marinas price is way out of line. You could install it yourself for a LOT less.

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 18:26:36 -0400, Hank©
wrote:

He wasn't inquiring about trim tabs.

===

Good point. I missed that also.

On 6/29/2013 5:34 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 10:23:31 -0400, Hank©
wrote:

On 6/29/2013 10:14 AM,
wrote:
On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 18:26:36 -0400, Hank©
wrote:

On 6/28/2013 6:07 PM,
wrote:
On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 18:15:19 +0100, Ptbsjb
wrote:

My 2002 stingray 190 trim is stuck in the up position. My dealer said
one of the hydraulic cylinders is locked up and needs replacing. The
quote is $550 for parts and $250 for installation. Does anyone know if
the old cylinder can be rebuilt or repaired? Any lower price sources ?
Thanks

I quick eBay check showed 2 tabs plus cylinders for $75.00. I think
loosening 6 screws and 1 hydraulic fitting is all that is necessary to
replace the part. Maybe a quart of Seastar hydraulic fluid will be
needed. The installation instructions are probably on the Bennett web
site, for free.

$800 to replace a cylinder is felonious highway robbery, or at least
it should be.

If that is the case, my advise would be substantially the same. A new
cylinder for an Alpha One is $105.

Of course, I'm making assumptions, because the OP offered little
clarity and detail.

$105 for a trim cylinder assembly for Alpha one Gen 2? Show me.

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/alpha-one-trim-cylinders

Hey, you're a good shopper. That's less than 1/3 the going price. What's
the catch?

--

Ptbsjb

Used one on ebay should take care of you. They are fairly simple to r&r. Couple bolts at the ends. Just put something under the outdrive to support it when you take the hydraulic lines off. Otherwise it will drop.