Tim Tim is offline

Default a word about boating

On May 31, 10:20*pm, "Eisboch" wrote:
"Tim" *wrote in message

On May 24, 5:21 pm, "Eisboch" wrote:

A couple of friends I met through the Open Mic nights we conducted
recently bought a used 30' sailboat. * They are both new to boating
and excited about their upcoming launch date. * I happened to
remember
coming across this years ago via this newsgroup and passed the link
along to them to have some fun. *Thought I'd re-post the link here
also for anyone about to re-name a boat. * It's the famously
effective
(and all in fun):

Vigor's Interdenominational
Boat Denaming Ceremony

Here's the link:

http://www.48north.com/mr_offline/denaming.htm

Richard, It didn't matter if it was 'christened' before my ownership.
I just called 'em 'boat' and didn't worry about it...

Neptune will not be pleased.

However, there have been times that calling them 'boats' would have
been complimentary... Maybe Neptune did get the last laugh after
all...

Oh well....

A new word (to me), and boating related... X ` Man[_3_] General 0 August 26th 12 01:17 PM
New Word jps General 4 September 16th 10 03:14 AM
The word of the day? D.Duck General 3 July 30th 08 11:07 PM
Last word Joe ASA 1 September 12th 06 07:16 AM
There's The P-word, again.... Larry Electronics 4 March 29th 06 07:23 AM