Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Not qualified to sell Tupperware...

GOP Lawmaker: ‘My Heart Breaks’ Because Thousands Of Same-Sex Couples
Will Be Able To Marry

Rep. Peggy Scott says her “heart breaks” because thousands of Minnesota
same-sex couples will soon be able to marry. The Republican state
lawmaker, serving her third term in the House, was weeping after her
colleagues voted by a wide margin, 75-59, to pass a same-sex marriage
bill, just six months after voters defeated an attempt to write anti-gay
discrimination into their state constitution ban banning same-sex marriage.

“My heart breaks for Minnesota,” Rep. Peggy Scott told the Star-Tribune:

“It’s a divisive issue that divides our state,” she said, wiping
tears from her eyes as she stood on the House floor after the vote.
“It’s not what we needed to be doing at this time. We want to come
together for the state of Minnesota, we don’t want to divide it.”

***Scott belongs to a non-denominational Christian evangelical church
that believes the Bible was written directly by God, believes in the
Rapture, and believes everyone is a sinner by choice.***

The bill is set for a vote in the Senate on Monday, where advocates
believe they have an even better chance of passage.

Minnesota’s Democratic governor Mark Dayton will sign the bill into law
if it passes the senate, making Minnesota the twelfth state to afford
marriage rights to same-sex couples, and the first midwestern state to
do so legislatively.

Rep. Scott did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

http://tinyurl.com/9rndrd

Rep. Scott probably also believes in the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy.