Default A good show on tonight.

On 5/7/2013 6:19 PM, Wayne B wrote:
On Tue, 7 May 2013 17:11:06 -0400, BAR wrote:

I wouldn't trust PBS doing a rerun of Gunsmoke.

====

That's a little harsh in my opinion. Some of the PBS programming is
really quite good and it fills a much needed culture void that the
commercial networks can't afford. Not everyone has the same tastes in
music, theatre (or politics) and PBS does a god job covering most of
the bases. Are they totally unbiased? Heck no, but you can say the
same thing about the New York Times and the Washington Post - both
great newspapers but you have to appreciate which filter you're
looking through.

"Bias" = "...Mental tendency or inclination, esp an irrational
preference or prejudice "

"Activist" = "...a policy of taking direct and often militant action to
achieve an end, esp a political or social one"

There is a difference, most on the left don't really see the difference
though...

On Tue, 07 May 2013 19:50:03 -0400, JustWaitAFrekinMinute
wrote:

[...]

===

I'd have to admit that I don't get a chance to watch much PBS down
here in the Caribbean but I can't ever recall PBS advocating militant
action to achieve a political or social objective. What did I miss?

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Ref the show in question
It is probably on their web site. I should have it on my DVR if the
timer gods were kind and I could burn you a copy.

BTW it looks like you may have missed spring here.. Jim Rief says this
may be the last cool front..

What exactly in the show was biased in your opinion?

ON TOPIC: TV TONIGHT.... Wizard of Woodstock General 2 February 7th 09 01:42 AM
Anything good on TV tonight? Eisboch General 125 August 28th 08 01:13 AM
Boat Show promotion for a good cause.... Chuck Gould General 0 September 11th 07 04:36 PM
See me tonight Roger Long Cruising 0 July 18th 05 10:46 PM
Tally Ho Pip pip & a Jolly good show! Joe ASA 10 March 22nd 05 11:40 PM