Default Killer Whales (Orcas) Surfing the Wake of a Powerboat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vbh6qg8H3CY
Tim Tim is offline

On May 3, 5:26*am, Wayne B wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vbh6qg8H3CY

Looks like the whales thought they had a lunch date
..

On Fri, 3 May 2013 04:41:51 -0700 (PDT), Tim wrote:

On May 3, 5:26*am, Wayne B wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vbh6qg8H3CY

Looks like the whales thought they had a lunch date
.

GMTA!

John H.
--

Hope you're having a great day!

wrote:

On May 3, 5:26*am, Wayne B wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vbh6qg8H3CY

Looks like the whales thought they had a lunch date
.

========

Maybe but just being playfull I think. We see dolphins doing things
like that all of the time back in SWFL. There's something that
attracts them from a distance - probably prop vibrations or shaft
noise - possibly exhaust noise. We see them seeking us out from far
away with the surfing opportunity just an added bonus after they get
closer.
Tim Tim is offline

On May 3, 9:11*am, Wayne B wrote:

Maybe but just being playfull I think. * We see dolphins doing things
like that all of the time back in SWFL. * There's something that
attracts them from a distance - probably prop vibrations or shaft
noise - possibly exhaust noise. * We see them seeking us out from far
away with the surfing opportunity just an added bonus after they get
closer.

Could be, Wayne, but it looks to me that if a whale could have flopped
onto the aft, then the boat probably would have gone down.

"Dinner is served"

On Fri, 03 May 2013 06:26:06 -0400, Wayne B wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vbh6qg8H3CY

Cool.. looks like they might be waiting for that cute-sounding girl to fall off the transom!

John H.

Wayne B wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vbh6qg8H3CY

Very cool. Thanks for sharing that!

Wayne B wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vbh6qg8H3CY

Because whales just want to have fun.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Never put off till run-time what you can do at compile-time. -- D. Gries

Extreme surfing? Calif Bill General 4 December 17th 08 03:42 AM
GUIDE TO SURFING IN AUSTRALIA [email protected] General 1 July 26th 07 12:43 PM
SURFING WAKES UP MISSISSIPPI GEO General 5 August 21st 06 02:53 PM
Winter surfing anyone? Don White General 4 February 10th 04 02:39 PM
Surfing Liz UK Paddle 2 November 15th 03 12:03 AM