Default Ethanol?

On Thursday, April 25, 2013 5:25:05 PM UTC-5, F.O.A.D. wrote:
My heretofore trusty Honda lawnmower wouldn't start earlier this week.

It's 10 years old and I only use it for trim work. Over the winter, I

run it dry with Sta-bil blue (marine). Unfortunately, I forgot to drain

the carb bowl.

Everything else seemed ok on the Honda motor, so I pulled the carb to

see what was going on. What was going on was heavy duty "white"

corrosion of some sort. Never seen anything like it before. Valleys

etched into the walls of the carb.

So, I took the carb up to a local lawn equipment dealer and the parts

guy said, "That's ethanol 'corrosion' on aluminum...your carb is

ruined." He ordered a new carb and gasket for me, it came in today, I

installed it and the motor started right up.

In the past, I've posted I didn't have any "ethanol problems." Well, I

had a $50 (cost of carb) problem this week.

Next fall, I'll remember to drain the damned carb bowl.

Grrrr.

You mean that lawnmower was not seized or repossesed in your multiple bankruptcies?

Ethanol and WTF? basskisser General 5 April 20th 06 05:22 AM
Ethanol and WTF? Del Cecchi General 2 April 20th 06 12:34 AM
Ethanol and WTF? jps General 3 April 18th 06 07:53 PM
Ethanol and WTF? Del Cecchi General 0 April 18th 06 05:27 PM
Ethanol and WTF? [email protected] General 0 April 18th 06 05:24 AM