Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Del Cecchi

Default Ethanol and WTF?

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 11:44:17 GMT, Fred Dehl penned the following well
considered thoughts to the readers of rec.boats:

I'm not idiot enough to make statements like that without empirical
proof....

1. Go to the gas station.
2. Look at the sticker enumerating the taxes per gallon.
3. Go to finance.yahoo.com or download the pdf of the annual report of
the oil company of your choice.
4. Use a calculator to determine profit per gallon.

So, you make a loonie statement and I'm supposed to try to prove it to
myself. Says a lot about your credibility, right?

5. Admit I was right as usual.

And that says a lot more about your narcissism and the reason you post
such tripe... you only have to say it to make it true... right?

Fred Dehl: a legend in his own mind....

Besides, taxes aren't at issue. In NC, gasoline taxes pay for the
roads.

No, they pay for Jim Black's illegal slush funds.

And the NC Speaker of the House has... uh, what, to do with this? Are
you under the illusion that he somehow has a secret job with NCDOT?
You are a very confused person!

My problem is the windfall profits made by the petroleum companies
during a time of skyrocketing gasoline costs. In NC, the gasoline tax
is tied to the price of gasoline.... so the petro companies boost the
prices to make obscene profits and the tax increases accordingly....
both the fault and direct result of petro-greed.

Have you lobbied the legislature to change the law? Or are you a
beneficiary of Jim Black's illegal slush funds?

What ARE you talking about?

--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Oak Island, NC.

Homepage
http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/

Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats

OK, Exxon Mobil (xom) operating margin is 16 percent and profit margin is
11 percent. Gas wholesale is 2.16 (may delivery) so operating margin is
about 35 cents per gallon, if uniform across all products. didn't try
to verify that .

In Minnesota, 18.4 cents federal, and 22 cents state tax for a total of
40.4 cents per gallon.

That's the calculation. no name calling. took about 10 minutes tops.

In NC, state tax is more (17.5 +7% of wholesale) or about 30 cents.

del