Default Man killed by unregistered beaver

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 10:23:20 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 08:34:59 -0400, BAR wrote:

And you wonder why I think it's a good idea to save the environment.....

Save it from what?

The animals of the earth have been using the enviornment for their benefit for millions and
millions of years.

I think it is ironic that the only habitat that seems to be available
for these animals is the golf course, perhaps the most unnatural plot
of land you can have.
Why don't these wild life lovers get up off their wallets and buy land
for wildlife preservation? If the golfers were not there, this would
just be part of the concrete jungle and the beavers would die.
I see these PETA and humane society weasels bitching about hunters but
hunters do far more to protect natural wildlife populations, preserve
habitat and actually set aside land than all the Volvo driving bark
eaters combined.

Maybe the armchair environmentalists should look at what we are doing
in Southwest Florida. The voters decided to create funds to buy up
habitat and put it in preservation., This wasn't a unilateral decision
by government or a "taking" of private property, it was a referendum
that created a dedicated taxing district for the purpose. Properties
are bought at market price, not stolen in eminent domain robberies.

There *is* a perfect habitat for the suckers, damn near across the street.

Put 'Huntley Meadows Park, Alexandria, VA' into Mapquest. Look just north - that's the golf course.
The park has all kinds of trees and water. But, the folks are not allowed to trap the beaver.

Stupid.

Salmonbait

--
'Name-calling' - the liberals' last stand.

On Tuesday, 16 April 2013 11:46:32 UTC-3, John H wrote:
[...]

I guess my question would be... were the beavers in the area before the golf course was built??

[...]

Never heard of the Nature Conservancy? They do exactly this sort of
thing and have been doing it for a long time. Too ****ing bad there's
a beaver on your golf course. Too ****ing bad.

Equating PETA with the Humane Society is complete and total bull****,
nothing new from the likes of you.

In article , says...

wrote:

[...]

http://www.thenation.com/article/wrong-kind-green#

http://netrightdaily.com/2011/04/how...nt-land-grabs/

The Nature Conservance is a corrupt organization.

PETA is the largest killer of cats and dogs in Virginia.

Neither of these organizations is worth of anyone's time, effort or money.

On Wed, 17 Apr 2013 00:41:54 -0400, wrote:

On Tue, 16 Apr 2013 11:13:44 -0700, Urin Asshole
wrote:

Never heard of the Nature Conservancy? They do exactly this sort of
thing and have been doing it for a long time.

There are also Nature Conservancy lands that allow hunting.

See previous post to BAR.

On Sun, 14 Apr 2013 12:22:40 -0400, J Herring
wrote:

Anyway, I think your idea is sound. But, I tried eating a groundhog once. Didn't work. I'm thinking
beavers would be about the same. Tougher'n hell.

====

Never eat rabid beaver.

In article ,
says...

On Sun, 14 Apr 2013 11:13:25 -0400, iBoaterer
wrote:

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

And you wonder why I think it's a good idea to save the environment.....

It's a joke, lighten up

My environmental credentials are sound.

Uh, it was a joke in reply to your joke, lighten up.

Another suicide by unregistered gun jps General 61 April 14th 13 01:52 AM
An amazing beaver experience... F.O.A.D. General 79 March 19th 13 12:32 PM
O/T We Are the Beaver Capt. Lewry ASA 0 July 14th 07 01:52 PM
'Jurassic beaver' found in China' thunder General 0 February 25th 06 11:52 AM
FS: 17' Beaver Superior Portage canoe Tom Thomas General 0 April 17th 05 02:28 AM