Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Fux News a "Media Colostomy Bag"

http://tinyurl.com/cdtoulm

We know him as Ace Ventura and the Grinch, among many other memorable
comedic roles, but on Friday, Jim Carrey delivered what should be
considered his finest line and he did it in a statement responding to a
vicious attack by Fox News.

After being attacked by Fox News’ Greg Gutfeld for a Funny or Die
anti-NRA video in which Carrey mocked Charlton Heston, the Canadian
actor released a statement in which he refers to Fox as a “media
colostomy bag” full of “kinda-sorta-almost journalists” who have become
a “giant culture fart” in society. Here’s the full press release via
Hollywood Reporter:

“Since I released my “Cold Dead Hand” video on Funny or Die this
week, I have watched Fux News rant, rave, bare its fangs and viciously
slander me because of my stand against large magazines and assault
rifles. I would take them to task legally if I felt they were worth my
time or that anyone with a brain in their head could actually fall for
such irresponsible buffoonery. That would gain them far too much
attention which is all they really care about.

“I’ll just say this: in my opinion Fux (sic) News is a last resort
for kinda-sorta-almost-journalists whose options have been severely
limited by their extreme and intolerant views; a media colostomy bag
that has begun to burst at the seams and should be emptied before it
becomes a public health issue.

“I sincerely believe that in time, good people will lose patience
with the petty and poisonous behavior of these bullies and Fux (sic)
News will be remembered as nothing more than a giant culture fart that
no amount of Garlique could cure.

“I wish them all the luck that accompanies such malevolence.”

Isn’t that epic? In the war between Hollywood and Fox News, yet another
battle has been won by the left coast. Fox News involved themselves in a
fight it couldn’t possibly win. One should never criticize a comedian
and hope to get away with it unscathed. But Jim Carrey did more than
just hit back; he humiliated Fox News in a way no other media network
has ever experienced. I’m sure this statement will have Fox throwing
hissy fits for days and that, my friends, is Oscar-worthy.