posted to rec.boats.electronics

Default "Bag" cell phone replacement?

What's the cheapest way to get similar coverage to my now obsolete 3w
analog "Bag" phone?
Dick
posted to rec.boats.electronics

what country are you in?

Richard Lane wrote:
Faire dinkum wrote:
what country are you in?

"Richard Lane" wrote in message
What's the cheapest way to get similar coverage to my now obsolete 3w
analog "Bag" phone?
Dick

USA
Dick

Watch e-bay for a 3-watt booster and a good antenna. Repeaters work
too, but are have more problems than a direct connect booster.
Matt Colie
posted to rec.boats.electronics

In article ,
Richard Lane wrote:

What's the cheapest way to get similar coverage to my now obsolete 3w
analog "Bag" phone?
Dick

There are "Bag Phones" that are Digital and use the new Sim Card
Technology, as well as Dedicated High Power (3 Watt) Fixed
Subscriber Digital Cellular Units. We use them a lot out here
in the Bush of Alaska, where Cells are 45 miles in diameter, and
sites are at 2500 Ft.

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply

posted to rec.boats.electronics

Bruce in alaska wrote:
In article ,
Richard Lane wrote:

What's the cheapest way to get similar coverage to my now obsolete 3w
analog "Bag" phone?
Dick

There are "Bag Phones" that are Digital and use the new Sim Card
Technology, as well as Dedicated High Power (3 Watt) Fixed
Subscriber Digital Cellular Units. We use them a lot out here
in the Bush of Alaska, where Cells are 45 miles in diameter, and
sites are at 2500 Ft.

Bruce, the 2W Motorola 9000T would probably serve but it is $304 vs $10
I paid on EBay for the old Motorola 300.
Regards, Dick
posted to rec.boats.electronics

In article ,
Richard Lane wrote:

Bruce in alaska wrote:
In article ,
Richard Lane wrote:

What's the cheapest way to get similar coverage to my now obsolete 3w
analog "Bag" phone?
Dick

There are "Bag Phones" that are Digital and use the new Sim Card
Technology, as well as Dedicated High Power (3 Watt) Fixed
Subscriber Digital Cellular Units. We use them a lot out here
in the Bush of Alaska, where Cells are 45 miles in diameter, and
sites are at 2500 Ft.

Bruce, the 2W Motorola 9000T would probably serve but it is $304 vs $10
I paid on EBay for the old Motorola 300.
Regards, Dick

Yep, just one of many different packages that can solve the OP's
problem.

--
Bruce in alaska
add path after fast to reply