Default Why we can't have good things

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:34:37 -0400, iBoaterer
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 14:16:21 -0700, Urin Asshole
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 16:45:59 -0400,
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 12:49:00 -0700, Urin Asshole
wrote:

What "facts"? The whole program is based on the ability of the
government to borrow more money and raise taxes more.
There is no "trust funds" they spent every dime of that money and it
is unclear how they will ever pay it back.

Feel free to dispute the facts. That don't make you right.

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/progdata/fundFAQ.html

That demonstrates that the federal government spent all of the surplus
and they promise to pay it back but they have not said how.

If you loan someone or some entity money, do you really care how they
made the money to pay you back as long as it's legitimate?
.

I would not willingly put money in a Ponzi scheme in the first place.

That's not even close to what I asked.

wrote:

What "facts"? The whole program is based on the ability of the
government to borrow more money and raise taxes more.
There is no "trust funds" they spent every dime of that money and it
is unclear how they will ever pay it back.

Feel free to dispute the facts. That don't make you right.

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/progdata/fundFAQ.html

That demonstrates that the federal government spent all of the surplus
and they promise to pay it back but they have not said how.

If you loan someone or some entity money, do you really care how they
made the money to pay you back as long as it's legitimate?
.

I would not willingly put money in a Ponzi scheme in the first place.

That's not even close to what I asked.

Well, exactly. He's can't seem to figure out what to say, so he tries
to change the subject and hopes nobody'll notice.

wrote:

What "facts"? The whole program is based on the ability of the
government to borrow more money and raise taxes more.
There is no "trust funds" they spent every dime of that money and it
is unclear how they will ever pay it back.

Feel free to dispute the facts. That don't make you right.

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/progdata/fundFAQ.html

That demonstrates that the federal government spent all of the surplus
and they promise to pay it back but they have not said how.

If you loan someone or some entity money, do you really care how they
made the money to pay you back as long as it's legitimate?
.

I would not willingly put money in a Ponzi scheme in the first place.

That's not even close to what I asked.

If you are asking whether I will cash my SS checks, yes I will but I
do wonder how they are actually getting the money. Unfortunately a lot
of it is simply created out of thin air and I know that is the road to
runaway inflation.

I filed my application the beginning of this month via the "internets."

It's a few bucks more than I thought it would be, maybe because I waited
longer than I had to.

Default Boats ... Was the can't have good things thread

On Sun, 31 Mar 2013 00:55:33 -0400, wrote:

I found a guy in Largo (near St Pete) who will build me some Starboard
storage boxes but I am really thinking about making them myself.
I am really thinking about keeping my console.

====

Starboard is heavy and not inexpensive. You might find it easier and
cheaper to buy some redi-made dock boxes somewhere.

On Tue, 02 Apr 2013 23:40:09 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

I found a guy in Largo (near St Pete) who will build me some Starboard
storage boxes but I am really thinking about making them myself.
I am really thinking about keeping my console.

====

Starboard is heavy and not inexpensive. You might find it easier and
cheaper to buy some redi-made dock boxes somewhere.

I have pounded the bushes and nobody seems to make them the size I
need, I am using some old tool boxes now (polyethylene) but my wife
wants something nicer.
Starboard is not really my choice either.

This is Auggie RIP on one of the boxes
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Auggie%20on%20watch2.jpg

And Mr Ed
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/ed%20on%20boat.jpg

=======

How about an Igloo cooler (or similar) ?

One nice thing about Starboard is that it's easy to work if you have
basic woodworking tools like a circular saw and router table. If you
radius the corners and edges, and then polish it out, it ends up
looking very professionally done. It is also easy to drill and tap.