Default Why we can't have good things

Why we can't have good things… (continued)

http://tinyurl.com/ckot44q

Half of Christians Think Jesus Will Return Within 40 Years
Christian views in America on the return of Christ.

By Heather Brady|Posted Friday, March 29, 2013, at 5:00 AM
PF_13.03.22_JesusReturn-02

As Christians worldwide prepare for Easter, a time of reflection on
Jesus’ death and a celebration of his resurrection, many seem to be
looking forward as well.

A Pew Research Center survey on the religious beliefs of Christians in
the United States shows that about half believe Jesus will either
definitely or probably return in the next 40 years.

- - -

If that's the case, why are conservative christians so worried about
social security and deficits?

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 13:19:05 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 12:54:14 -0400, "F.O.A.D." wrote:

Why we can't have good things… (continued)

http://tinyurl.com/ckot44q

Half of Christians Think Jesus Will Return Within 40 Years
Christian views in America on the return of Christ.

By Heather Brady|Posted Friday, March 29, 2013, at 5:00 AM
PF_13.03.22_JesusReturn-02

As Christians worldwide prepare for Easter, a time of reflection on
Jesus’ death and a celebration of his resurrection, many seem to be
looking forward as well.

A Pew Research Center survey on the religious beliefs of Christians in
the United States shows that about half believe Jesus will either
definitely or probably return in the next 40 years.

- - -

If that's the case, why are conservative christians so worried about
social security and deficits?

Maybe they expect to die or go broke before Jesus gets here.

I am not really up on my Thessalonians but isn't the rapture supposed
to be in response to the apocalypse?
Maybe they think that is when SS goes broke. Damifino

I thougth you keep saying that SS IS broke? Which is it?
Damdifyouknow. Exactly.

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 16:45:59 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 12:49:00 -0700, Urin Asshole
wrote:

They are currently running a $66 billion dollar deficit and we are
borrowing money to cover it. Medicare is in even worse shape. My
reference to "going broke" was when the government simply says they
can't pay all of the benefits.

As I've said and as the facts indicate, SS will pay 100% of the
benefits for another 25 years, and it will pay 85-95% thereafter for
perpetuity without any fix at all. It's a minor problem.

What "facts"? The whole program is based on the ability of the
government to borrow more money and raise taxes more.
There is no "trust funds" they spent every dime of that money and it
is unclear how they will ever pay it back.

Feel free to dispute the facts. That don't make you right.

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/progdata/fundFAQ.html

How far do you have to go back to actually see the federal government
paying down a dime of the debt?
(hint: new cars had tail fins)

Which has nothing to do with anything.

Medicare is in worse shape, but not catastrophically so... and again,
it will be decades before it becomes so. A fix is indicated, but not
on the backs of middle and lower income.

There are not enough rich people to save these programs, who do you
think will have to pay?

You're just being deliberately dense. The worst thing we can right now
is make middle and lower income families pay more. When the economy
recovers, then the middle income families will be able to afford to
help a bit more.

http://www.nasi.org/learn/medicare/financial-problems

$32 billion out of whack 3 years ago ... What I said.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3130421

Do you really think medical care will ever cost less?

Don't know. I do know that the rate of increase can be slowed. It
doesn't need to exceed inflation the way it does.

But you know, right?

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 18:16:10 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

What "facts"? The whole program is based on the ability of the
government to borrow more money and raise taxes more.
There is no "trust funds" they spent every dime of that money and it
is unclear how they will ever pay it back.

Feel free to dispute the facts. That don't make you right.

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/progdata/fundFAQ.html

That demonstrates that the federal government spent all of the surplus
and they promise to pay it back but they have not said how.

The don't have to "pay it back". It's a trust fund. Do you need me to
tell you to look it up?

How far do you have to go back to actually see the federal government
paying down a dime of the debt?
(hint: new cars had tail fins)

Which has nothing to do with anything.

Medicare is in worse shape, but not catastrophically so... and again,
it will be decades before it becomes so. A fix is indicated, but not
on the backs of middle and lower income.

There are not enough rich people to save these programs, who do you
think will have to pay?

You're just being deliberately dense. The worst thing we can right now
is make middle and lower income families pay more. When the economy
recovers, then the middle income families will be able to afford to
help a bit more.

If you took every dime from the Forbes 400, it would run SS for about
175 days.
The middle class is going to have to pay more, at least the Clinton
tax rates and maybe even the Reagan tax rates.

Which has nothing to do with anything. Feel free to hide under your
house if you're that afraid.

http://www.nasi.org/learn/medicare/financial-problems

$32 billion out of whack 3 years ago ... What I said.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3130421

Do you really think medical care will ever cost less?

Don't know. I do know that the rate of increase can be slowed. It
doesn't need to exceed inflation the way it does.

But you know, right?

I can look at the trends.

Feel free. The US has been solvent and paid it's debts since the
1700s.

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 21:14:41 -0400, wrote:

wrote:

What "facts"? The whole program is based on the ability of the
government to borrow more money and raise taxes more.
There is no "trust funds" they spent every dime of that money and it
is unclear how they will ever pay it back.

Feel free to dispute the facts. That don't make you right.

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/progdata/fundFAQ.html

That demonstrates that the federal government spent all of the surplus
and they promise to pay it back but they have not said how.

The don't have to "pay it back". It's a trust fund. Do you need me to
tell you to look it up?

It is simply part of the $16 trillion dollar debt and if they can't
pay it back, SS will not have the money.
You can call it a trust fund, a bond or simply an IOU but the fact is
there is no money there, only a promise that our children will pay for
our retirement. It is a promise that they did not make and that they
did not get to vote for.

The fact is that you're wrong. You act like the US economy is stagnent
or has negative growth. You act like this is some sort of crisis that
has to be fixed immediately or all hell will break lose. You're just a
paranoid dip**** if you actually believe that crap.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

What "facts"? The whole program is based on the ability of the
government to borrow more money and raise taxes more.
There is no "trust funds" they spent every dime of that money and it
is unclear how they will ever pay it back.

Feel free to dispute the facts. That don't make you right.

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/progdata/fundFAQ.html

That demonstrates that the federal government spent all of the surplus
and they promise to pay it back but they have not said how.

If you loan someone or some entity money, do you really care how they
made the money to pay you back as long as it's legitimate?
..

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:34:37 -0400, iBoaterer
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

What "facts"? The whole program is based on the ability of the
government to borrow more money and raise taxes more.
There is no "trust funds" they spent every dime of that money and it
is unclear how they will ever pay it back.

Feel free to dispute the facts. That don't make you right.

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/progdata/fundFAQ.html

That demonstrates that the federal government spent all of the surplus
and they promise to pay it back but they have not said how.

If you loan someone or some entity money, do you really care how they
made the money to pay you back as long as it's legitimate?
.

I would not willingly put money in a Ponzi scheme in the first place.

That's not even close to what I asked.

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 10:12:11 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:34:37 -0400, iBoaterer
wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

What "facts"? The whole program is based on the ability of the
government to borrow more money and raise taxes more.
There is no "trust funds" they spent every dime of that money and it
is unclear how they will ever pay it back.

Feel free to dispute the facts. That don't make you right.

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/progdata/fundFAQ.html

That demonstrates that the federal government spent all of the surplus
and they promise to pay it back but they have not said how.

If you loan someone or some entity money, do you really care how they
made the money to pay you back as long as it's legitimate?
.

I would not willingly put money in a Ponzi scheme in the first place.

So, you haven't participated in Social Security, Medicare, and all the
other federal and state programs supported by taxes. As usual, you're
full of it.

You can call SS a Ponzi, but that's just your and your right wing
****head's view. It's a promise.. made by some of the people in this
country to other people in this country.