Default Why we can't have good things

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 11:17:23 -0400, iBoaterer
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:34:37 -0400, iBoaterer
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 14:16:21 -0700, Urin Asshole
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 16:45:59 -0400, wrote:

On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 12:49:00 -0700, Urin Asshole
wrote:

What "facts"? The whole program is based on the ability of the
government to borrow more money and raise taxes more.
There is no "trust funds" they spent every dime of that money and it
is unclear how they will ever pay it back.

Feel free to dispute the facts. That don't make you right.

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/progdata/fundFAQ.html

That demonstrates that the federal government spent all of the surplus
and they promise to pay it back but they have not said how.

If you loan someone or some entity money, do you really care how they
made the money to pay you back as long as it's legitimate?
.

I would not willingly put money in a Ponzi scheme in the first place.

That's not even close to what I asked.

Well, exactly. He's can't seem to figure out what to say, so he tries
to change the subject and hopes nobody'll notice.

wrote:

What "facts"? The whole program is based on the ability of the
government to borrow more money and raise taxes more.
There is no "trust funds" they spent every dime of that money and it
is unclear how they will ever pay it back.

Feel free to dispute the facts. That don't make you right.

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/progdata/fundFAQ.html

That demonstrates that the federal government spent all of the surplus
and they promise to pay it back but they have not said how.

If you loan someone or some entity money, do you really care how they
made the money to pay you back as long as it's legitimate?
.

I would not willingly put money in a Ponzi scheme in the first place.

That's not even close to what I asked.

If you are asking whether I will cash my SS checks, yes I will but I
do wonder how they are actually getting the money. Unfortunately a lot
of it is simply created out of thin air and I know that is the road to
runaway inflation.

I filed my application the beginning of this month via the "internets."

It's a few bucks more than I thought it would be, maybe because I waited
longer than I had to.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Still not what I asked.

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 1 Apr 2013 10:45:06 -0400, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

The question was meaningless in this context.

SS was never a loan or an investment. It was simply taxation into a
pay as you go program with the government spending the surplus as
ordinary revenue. After 1968 that was made clear when SS was put on
budget. Now that program is not collecting enough to pay as they go
and the government does not seem to have the will to tax at a rate to
maintain the program. We borrow 40% of the shortfall right now. (or
simply print money)
They are not making the money to pay me back at all. They are simply
passing debt on to my kids.

No it wasn't meaningless. It was directly related to what YOU said.

wrote:

[...]

I suppose a direct answer to the question is that I would not consider
it legitimate if they said "I will give you your money as soon as I
can print some"

Any shortfall problems with Social Security are easy enough to fix.

wrote:

[...]

So, you're contributing big time to the problem you said is going to
**** over your grandkids. What a mensh.

wrote:

[...]

It has a trust fund, and it's 100% solvent for 25 years. After that,
95%. A small fix, not the voucher system Ryan the Moron aka Ayn Rand
wants.

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 17:02:16 -0400, wrote:

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 09:21:10 -0700, Urin Asshole
wrote:

wrote:

What "facts"? The whole program is based on the ability of the
government to borrow more money and raise taxes more.
There is no "trust funds" they spent every dime of that money and it
is unclear how they will ever pay it back.

Feel free to dispute the facts. That don't make you right.

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/progdata/fundFAQ.html

That demonstrates that the federal government spent all of the surplus
and they promise to pay it back but they have not said how.

If you loan someone or some entity money, do you really care how they
made the money to pay you back as long as it's legitimate?
.

I would not willingly put money in a Ponzi scheme in the first place.

So, you haven't participated in Social Security, Medicare, and all the
other federal and state programs supported by taxes. As usual, you're
full of it.

... at the point of a government gun.

Huh? You're being forced at gun point to cash your check? No, you do
it willingly.

You can call SS a Ponzi, but that's just your and your right wing
****head's view. It's a promise.. made by some of the people in this
country to other people in this country.

That is what Bernie said

You're disputing it's a promise made to seniors and unfortunates
who've lost parents? That's what Stalin said. (yeah, I'm kidding)