jps jps is offline

Default Dale Peterson, would be Alabama Agriculture Secretary

Another Republican lunatic makes a name for himself...

WASHINGTON -- Dale Peterson, an Alabama Republican state official
famous for flaunting his rifle in campaign ads promising to be tough
on crime, was arrested Wednesday and charged with shoplifting a can of
cashews. The arrest, first reported by Yellowhammer.com, marked the
second time in six months that Peterson has been accused of stealing.

His new arrest occurred at a Sam's Club, where police said employees
watched Peterson eat a can of cashews in the store, then place the
empty can back on a shelf. Store security guards confronted Peterson
on his way out. He was released from custody after posting $1,000
bond.

Peterson was charged in October with stealing paper towels and beer
from a Walmart. Employees said he pushed his way through the checkout
line without paying for the items in his cart, according to police.
Peterson later said the incident was "a mistake."

Peterson's arrests are noteworthy in part because he made national
news in 2010 for his tough-talking stance on crime during an
unsuccessful run for Alabama agriculture commissioner. In a campaign
ad that quickly went viral, Peterson suggested his opponents were
"thugs and criminals," and accused them of "stealing yard signs in the
dark," and "bragging about receiving illegal money on Facebook."

Lifting a rifle to his shoulder, Peterson said, "We're Republicans, we
should be better than that," and promised to "name names and take no
prisoners" if elected. As of Wednesday, the ad had been viewed on
YouTube more than 2.6 million times.

Two years after that campaign loss, his wife Kathy Peterson campaigned
for public service commissioner using an ad featuring her husband and
his rifle. In that ad, Peterson flashed the gun in a parking lot and
warned, "I'll be the one looking after Kathy's yard signs."

The Petersons own a llama ranch in Shelby County. Earlier this year,
Dale Peterson was hired at the state Agriculture Commission, sparking
controversy given his heated rhetoric about fellow Republicans during
the 2010 campaign. A Birmingham, Ala., talk radio host called Peterson
"a useless person" filling a useless position at the state agency.

UPDATE 2:16AM: Shortly before midnight on Wednesday, Peterson used his
Twitter account to allege that his arrest was a conspiracy. In a
series of tweets, Peterson pointed fingers at conservative Alabama
political news site Yellowhammer.com and Republican Alabama House
Speaker Mike Hubbard.

On 3/28/2013 3:32 AM, jps wrote:
[...]

It's the crazies like him and Harry Krause that we need to take the guns
from. Don't you agree?
Tim Tim is offline

"Lifting a rifle to his shoulder, Peterson said, "We're Republicans,
we
should be better than that,"

And we are. He's an exception.

On 3/28/13 8:13 AM, Tim wrote:
"Lifting a rifle to his shoulder, Peterson said, "We're Republicans,
we
should be better than that,"

And we are. He's an exception.

An exception to what, Tim? The GOP is filled with public officials and
wannabe public officials who seem insane. Is the Alabama guy worse than,
say, Michele Bachmann, Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, or the dozens and dozens of
other prominent Republicans who say or do absolutely outrageous things?

Your party is full of people who hate. They hate blacks, they hate
latinos, they hate women, they hate gays, they hate young people, they
hate middle class people, they hate the poor...the list goes on and on.
And I am not using the word "hate" lightly here. It's hard to think of a
voting group other than Southern whites or rural folk that the GOP has
not alienated in the last few years. The Republican Party has become the
party of Rush Limbaugh in every way that matters.

The only real pleasure in all of this is watching those Republicans who
see the handwriting on the wall trying to move the party away from where
it has been and getting shot down by those who control the party.
Changing the words in the GOP message to make them more palatable isn't
going to help.

On 3/28/2013 8:27 AM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 3/28/13 8:13 AM, Tim wrote:
[...]

Dear Mr Krause,
In every way that matters, your rants indicate that you are insane. You
shouldn't own guns, You shouldn't be allowed out on the streets. You
should be institutionalized for your own protection.

Tim Tim is offline

On Mar 28, 7:27*am, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 3/28/13 8:13 AM, Tim wrote:

"Lifting a rifle to his shoulder, Peterson said, "We're Republicans,
we
should be better than that,"

And we are. He's an exception.

An exception to what, Tim? The GOP is filled with public officials and
wannabe public officials who seem insane.

Harry, as if to say the Democratic party was filled with public
officials who stood for truth, justice, and the American way?

Harry, I scanned some posts here this morning, and i see some dems up
on fraud, and extortion charges. Are they the pillars of the
community?

C'mon man. you only like to pick on republicans. It's been obvious for
a long time.

There's lunacy on both sides. You know it, but I doubt you want to
admit it.

On 3/28/13 8:47 AM, Tim wrote:
On Mar 28, 7:27 am, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 3/28/13 8:13 AM, Tim wrote:

"Lifting a rifle to his shoulder, Peterson said, "We're Republicans,
we
should be better than that,"

And we are. He's an exception.

An exception to what, Tim? The GOP is filled with public officials and
wannabe public officials who seem insane.

Harry, as if to say the Democratic party was filled with public
officials who stood for truth, justice, and the American way?

Harry, I scanned some posts here this morning, and i see some dems up
on fraud, and extortion charges. Are they the pillars of the
community?

C'mon man. you only like to pick on republicans. It's been obvious for
a long time.

There's lunacy on both sides. You know it, but I doubt you want to
admit it.

I'm not aware of many prominent Democratic public officials who spend
their days saying things that are absolutely insane. The GOP seems to
have most of the nut cases.

I'm also not saying the Dems are paragons of virtues, but they don't
seem insane in what they say or do.

On 3/28/2013 9:11 AM, F.O.A.D. wrote:
On 3/28/13 8:47 AM, Tim wrote:
On Mar 28, 7:27 am, "F.O.A.D." wrote:
On 3/28/13 8:13 AM, Tim wrote:

[...]

How about the guy( D Carolina) who said Guam would tip over? What ever
happened to him?

"F.O.A.D." wrote in message
m...

On 3/28/13 8:47 AM, Tim wrote:

There's lunacy on both sides. You know it, but I doubt you want to
admit it.

I'm not aware of many prominent Democratic public officials who spend
their days saying things that are absolutely insane. The GOP seems to
have most of the nut cases.

I'm also not saying the Dems are paragons of virtues, but they don't
seem insane in what they say or do.

I'll say this about Democratic politicians and their media pundits:
They are far more organized and uniform in their talking points and
speeches. Actually, they are *more* than just organized and uniform.
They all say *exactly* the same thing about any issue or subject that
is being discussed or addressed. Same words, same phrases, same
everything. Often, the same words and phrases show up here in
rec.boats.

The Republicans, with the exception of the ultra-right Tea Baggers
are a little more diverse in ideas, opinions and positions.
The Tea Baggers are like the Democrats. Scripted position statements,
well organized and uniform.

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 12:30:45 -0400, wrote:

On Thu, 28 Mar 2013 00:32:20 -0700, jps wrote:

His new arrest occurred at a Sam's Club, where police said employees
watched Peterson eat a can of cashews in the store, then place the
empty can back on a shelf.

He ate a whole can of cashews at SAMS? Those are usually 5 pound cans.

See bat**** crazy reference in previous posts.

Kelly Peterson 44 Luc Cruising 12 May 2nd 09 03:04 AM
Madam Secretary? Eisboch General 8 November 18th 08 04:07 AM
Usenet downloads: USS Alabama, Battleship Memorial Park, Mobile, Alabama.jpg 258293 bytes HEMI-Powered@[email protected] Tall Ship Photos 0 March 25th 08 12:27 PM
Happy 70th Birthday to Dick Dale! Hoodini General 0 May 5th 07 08:19 PM
Dale Hollow Lake CCred68046 General 1 March 26th 04 01:32 PM