Default Thanks, but we'll pass on that cruise...

On Sun, 10 Mar 2013 11:37:42 -0400, Gogarty wrote:

We have three cruise ship ports here in New York. Many times a week several of
these enormous vessles go out to sea for a few days or a week, turn around in
eight hours and set out again. It is astonishing to see. This was going on all
through the Recession, ships full of people. How will it be when the recovery
is well under way? So we bought stock in Carnival Cruise Lines, which includes
half a dozen different lines. The stock is doing nicely despite some mishaps
like Costa Concordia and Carnival Triumph.

One thing that struck me as truly weird was the fitness area == a whole gym
with tread mills and all the rest. Those people bouncing up and down on those
contraptions like a gym overlooking Lexingon Avenue paying no attention to the
ship or the sea -- weird. But no skin off my nose.

If you do take a cruise and you drink a bit budget $100/day/per couple for
liwuid refreshment. That inlcudes water in the mini bar.

About the only drink I buy is coffee from the coffee shop on the Disney ships. I can't say if they
do or don't have an 'exercise' area. Their is a measured jogging route on Deck 4 of the ships I've
been on. It's also a great place for walking, which is what most of my exercise on board consists
of.

Salmonbait
--

"That's not a baby kicking, dear Bride, it's just a fetus!"
[Attributed to Harry Krause]

Too good to pass up... X ` Man General 92 October 24th 11 01:01 AM
New Pass sailmonstermomma General 4 March 26th 08 03:48 PM
Active Pass pe.rhodes Tall Ship Photos 2 September 14th 07 03:52 AM
OT - Another prediction comes to pass! [email protected] General 50 May 18th 06 05:37 AM
OT--Here's one bill that will never pass NOYB General 86 July 28th 05 12:52 PM