Default The hypocritical right wingers, or how to be narrow minded

Small town in northern Georgia, the conservatives there are trying to
pass a law that makes household gun ownership mandatory, and this has
already been a conservative made law in a county in Georgia. But, this
got me to thinking, the conservatives are all about LESS LAWS, at least
those laws that they don't like, and here they are telling everyone you
MUST own a gun....

jps jps is offline

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 10:56:11 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

Small town in northern Georgia, the conservatives there are trying to
pass a law that makes household gun ownership mandatory, and this has
already been a conservative made law in a county in Georgia. But, this
got me to thinking, the conservatives are all about LESS LAWS, at least
those laws that they don't like, and here they are telling everyone you
MUST own a gun....

The freedom to be required to own a gun. It's good for ya and it's
good for the American Gun Industry, supplying cheap guns to the inner
city since flooding it with cocaine in the 1980s!!!

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 13:22:25 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 10:56:11 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

Small town in northern Georgia, the conservatives there are trying to
pass a law that makes household gun ownership mandatory, and this has
already been a conservative made law in a county in Georgia. But, this
got me to thinking, the conservatives are all about LESS LAWS, at least
those laws that they don't like, and here they are telling everyone you
MUST own a gun....

That is old news. Kennesaw Georgia has had that law for 20 years.
There is an exception for anyone who doesn't want to, so it is just
symbolic.

This isn't in Kennesaw, it's in Nelson, GA, and if you look, I stated
that there is another county in GA that has a similar law, and that
county is where Kennesaw is located. Still, I want to know how these
types of new laws are ok for the right wing, when they whine about too
many laws. I don't need some politician telling me that I need to have a
gun in my home.

Which part of "you don't have to if you don't want to" do you have
trouble understanding?
This is a symbolic piece of legislation with a loophole for anyone who
is against the idea.

Nope, it's a law stating that you must have a firearm in your home.

I think it is silly but I don't see it as being that intrusive on
anyone's rights.

Really? You don't mind someone telling you you must own a firearm? Well,
then would you mind if someone told you you COULDN'T own one?

It was done as a response to other laws in blue states that prohibit
owning a gun. They are just making a statement.

What states say that you can't own a gun?

It is Georgia, why do you care?

You've once again totally missed the point. I'll ask again. Why is it
fine with the right wing to tell people they must own a gun if they are
a homeowner, but then turn around and whine when a law is passed that
they don't like and their rebuttal is that they don't need more laws
telling them what to and what not to do?

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 16:35:24 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

In article ,
says...

Which part of "you don't have to if you don't want to" do you have
trouble understanding?
This is a symbolic piece of legislation with a loophole for anyone who
is against the idea.

Nope, it's a law stating that you must have a firearm in your home.

Cite the law text.

"In 1982, the Kennesaw City Council unanimously passed a law requiring
heads of households to own at least one firearm with ammunition."

I think it is silly but I don't see it as being that intrusive on
anyone's rights.

Really? You don't mind someone telling you you must own a firearm? Well,
then would you mind if someone told you you COULDN'T own one?

In 1982, the Kennesaw City Council unanimously passed a law requiring
heads of households to own at least one firearm with ammunition.

I am not convinced that is what the law actually says.

It was done as a response to other laws in blue states that prohibit
owning a gun. They are just making a statement.

What states say that you can't own a gun?

Until McDonald and Heller, Chicago and DC
They are still making it very hard to do hence the new suits working
their way through the courts.
There are also plenty of guns you can't own in most blue states and
when you can, it is a bureaucratic boondoggle.

So, again, "what states say that you can't own a gun?"

It is Georgia, why do you care?

You've once again totally missed the point. I'll ask again. Why is it
fine with the right wing to tell people they must own a gun if they are
a homeowner, but then turn around and whine when a law is passed that
they don't like and their rebuttal is that they don't need more laws
telling them what to and what not to do?

Track down the actual text of the law and we can talk.

No I am not doing it, it is your rant, you do a little work yourself.

Again, you miss the point. The right is okay with a law that says that
you must have a gun and ammunition for it in your home, but then they
whine about wanting government out of their business.

On 3/7/13 11:24 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 09:06:03 -0500, iBoaterer wrote:

[...]

Do I have to go look that law up and prove you wrong again?
It has the same exemptions for anyone who believes they do not want to
have a gun.

I am not convinced that is what the law actually says.

It was done as a response to other laws in blue states that prohibit
owning a gun. They are just making a statement.

What states say that you can't own a gun?

Until McDonald and Heller, Chicago and DC
They are still making it very hard to do hence the new suits working
their way through the courts.
There are also plenty of guns you can't own in most blue states and
when you can, it is a bureaucratic boondoggle.

So, again, "what states say that you can't own a gun?"

California (among some other states) won't let you have over 100
particular guns and I have already named a couple cities that are
still defying the SCOTUS with anti-gun laws and administrative rules
about owning any guns

It is Georgia, why do you care?

You've once again totally missed the point. I'll ask again. Why is it
fine with the right wing to tell people they must own a gun if they are
a homeowner, but then turn around and whine when a law is passed that
they don't like and their rebuttal is that they don't need more laws
telling them what to and what not to do?

Track down the actual text of the law and we can talk.

No I am not doing it, it is your rant, you do a little work yourself.

Again, you miss the point. The right is okay with a law that says that
you must have a gun and ammunition for it in your home, but then they
whine about wanting government out of their business.

These laws in Kennesaw and Nelson are voluntary compliance laws with
no penalty, which makes them more of a mission statement than a law.

If all of the government legislation allowed people to exempt
themselves if they didn't believe in it I would not be complaining
about big government.

Stupid laws for stupid people, whether they are enforced

In article ,
says...

[...]

Here is the law:

"Kennesaw once again was in the news on May 1, 1982, when the city
unanimously passed a law requiring "every head of household to maintain
a firearm together with ammunition."

I am not convinced that is what the law actually says.

It was done as a response to other laws in blue states that prohibit
owning a gun. They are just making a statement.

What states say that you can't own a gun?

Until McDonald and Heller, Chicago and DC
They are still making it very hard to do hence the new suits working
their way through the courts.
There are also plenty of guns you can't own in most blue states and
when you can, it is a bureaucratic boondoggle.

So, again, "what states say that you can't own a gun?"

California (among some other states) won't let you have over 100
particular guns and I have already named a couple cities that are
still defying the SCOTUS with anti-gun laws and administrative rules
about owning any guns

I'll ask again, just what states say that you can't own a gun?

It is Georgia, why do you care?

You've once again totally missed the point. I'll ask again. Why is it
fine with the right wing to tell people they must own a gun if they are
a homeowner, but then turn around and whine when a law is passed that
they don't like and their rebuttal is that they don't need more laws
telling them what to and what not to do?

Track down the actual text of the law and we can talk.

No I am not doing it, it is your rant, you do a little work yourself.

Again, you miss the point. The right is okay with a law that says that
you must have a gun and ammunition for it in your home, but then they
whine about wanting government out of their business.

These laws in Kennesaw and Nelson are voluntary compliance laws with
no penalty, which makes them more of a mission statement than a law.

Not true at all. The Kennesaw law is a city violation, and as such is
punishable with a $100.00 fine, the same fine as any city violation.

"The law contains no clause addressing punishment for violating the law.
If convicted, City Clerk Diane Coker said punishment would be determined
by the general penalty clause of the Kennesaw Code Ordinance - probably
a fine of about $100"

A good case against being narrow minded. iBoaterer[_2_] General 2 December 27th 12 05:57 AM
New Narrow boat Maffi General 2 March 9th 06 08:11 PM
Weak Minded Dems Skipper General 44 December 17th 05 08:46 PM
Somple-Minded Beliefs Harry Krause General 20 July 23rd 04 04:09 AM
OT here go the narrow minded Republcans....again. basskisser General 20 May 7th 04 01:42 PM