Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default Yet another political ditz

I have to admit, I watch Blackburn whenever I can because she is such a
dimwitted ditz and so representative of her party.

GOP Congresswoman: I Opposed Domestic Violence Bill Because It Protected
Too Many Groups

By Annie-Rose Strasser and Josh Israel on Mar 4, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) on Monday openly admitted that she opposed
the latest reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
because it included protections for LGBT, Native American, and
undocumented victims of domestic violence.

In an appearance on MSNBC, Blackburn pointed out that the latest
iteration of the law protects “different groups” and thus dilutes
funding for straight, non-Native American women with the proper
documentation:

"When you start to make this about other things it becomes an “against
violence act” and not a targeted focus act… I didn’t like the way it was
expanded to include other different groups. What you need is something
that is focused specifically to help the shelters and to help out law
enforcement, who is trying to work with the crimes that have been
committed against women and helping them to stand up."

*

Right, because lesbian, Native American and undocumented women aren't
really women.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/201...lackburn-vawa/