Default The Truth!

In article ,
says...

On 2/3/13 9:34 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 2/3/13 8:31 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,
says...

On 2/2/13 7:56 PM, Tim wrote:
On Feb 2, 6:32 pm, ESAD wrote:
On 2/2/13 6:53 PM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:

On 2/2/2013 6:49 PM, ESAD wrote:
On 2/2/13 6:39 PM, JustWaitAFrekinMinute wrote:
On 2/2/2013 6:37 PM, ESAD wrote:
On 2/2/13 6:30 PM, Tim wrote:
This not only applies to Facebook, but also most of Usnet, and a lot
here in rec.boats...

http://www.maniacworld.com/Welcome-to-Facebook.html

I know your post was meant to be funny and it was, but maybe you
need to
communicate with a better class of friends on FB. I have a lot of FB
friends but only about 60-65 of them are close friends, many of whom
I've known since junior high and high school. We all know each other
very well, and I meet up with bunches of the Connecticut ones each
year.

I visit rec.boats mainly to see what the couple of crazies here are
doing, and to stay in loose touch with a couple of old buddies. This
usenet group is pretty much a dead horse, and certainly not a place to
share boating fun.

yeah, yeah, yeah......

Hey, you're one of the "couple of crazies."

My Connecticut buddies spoil me about once a month with "care packages"
from Katz's Deli and Barney Greengrass in NYC. We like the smoked
whitefish and sturgeon and bialy.

It's about impossible to find good smoked fish or quality pastrami down
here in southern Maryland, and driving 60 miles around the Beltway to
Montgomery County, Maryland, is a pain in the ass. Plus, once you get
there, you're in overcrowded, traffic-jammed Montgomery County.

Don't you visit NYC frequently? Lots to do, lots to see, great
restaurants for every palette and pocketbook. I even found a famous
eatery that's been there for years that I've never had the pleasure of
visiting:

http://www.russanddaughters.com/

Yeah, yeah, yeah.. got about five words in...

So, you don't visit NYC frequently. Your loss.

I've been to NYC twice. First time I decided I didn't want to go
back.. Second time, to prove my first instinct was correct.

I grew up within easy car or rail trip to NYC, and took my first "solo"
trip (no parents, but with another guy my age) in the 7th grade on a
Friday, stayed at a hotel, and on Saturday went to see La Boheme at the
Metropolitan Opera. Very special "student" rates, almost free. We were
in a balcony and all I remember of the performance was the decolletage
of "Mimi."

I lived in New York for a while. Nothing but good memories.

7th grade and his idea of fun is going to see La Boheme. You must have
been a LOT of fun and the ladies must have been all over you!! NOT.

The entire trip was a lot of fun, since it was my first trip to NYC
without my parents. The music teacher at our public junior high hondled
the school a bunch of tickets to the Met, and we got in for a few bucks,
got to stay at a NYC hotel, and went to see the movie of West Side Story
the next day. I misspoke, though, it was when I was in the 8th grade,
not the 7th grade. I was lucky enough to grow up in a small city with a
lot of cultural events and at a time when life was easier and safer, so
there were always concerts and cheap tickets available for us school
kids, and teachers willing to make the extra effort to get us in to see
special shows in New Haven, Hartford, NYC and once, even Boston. Pretty
heady stuff for junior high schoolers back then.

As for the girls, they had no problems finding boys like us more than
willing to accompany them to dances, concerts, parties, movies, et cetera.

La bohème is a wonderful opera. I've seen it a half dozen times since my
first time.

There's a first-rate movie of the opera available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SNAeTk-ze0

Here's a very young Anna Netrebko singing one of the opera's
famous aria. Ms. Netrebko worked as a janitor to pay her way through
music school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWnWivspwRE

And here she is as a top professional in La Traviata:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFJJ1zFBWgY

I'm sure it is not to your taste. Hope you have a wonderful time
watching the StuporBowl.

Yeah, that's how I spent my 7th grade... going to operas with my
"buddy"...... Right.

I suspect you spent your junior high years in detention.

I have been in detention before, yes. I actually lived a full life as
opposed to spending my days taking "practice tests" and going to the
opera. I worked on the family farm, made decent money for a kid, had a
trail bike, a snowmobile, loved working on cars and such in the heated
garage during the winter, in summer was always in the woods or fishing
the creeks for rainbow trout, or playing baseball or some such. Would
come home at dark. At that age I could rebuild a car engine by myself,
weld, fix anything. I was independent, worked for others if my uncle
didn't need me on the farm. At that age me and my two best friends built
a cabin in our woods complete with gravity fed water from a fresh
spring, wood stove etc. In the spring one of my favorite things was
gathering maple sap and boiling it down over a wood fire in an old sap
boat that my great uncle handed down to me. I would then give relatives
syrup, stock us up, and sell the rest. Gee, that makes my childhood seem
so boring, I wish I could have went to the opera.....

On 2/3/13 10:07 AM, iBoaterer wrote:

[...]

I don't know where you got the idea I spent my days taking practice
tests. I did spend a couple of Saturdays doing that when the SATs and
such were imminent.

On 2/3/13 10:32 AM, iBoaterer wrote:
In article ,
says...

[...]

You told us your mom made you take practice tests when you were in
school.

She did, but where did you get the idea it was continuous or long-term?

The Truth is Joe ASA 0 October 29th 06 11:03 PM
Truth is Truth! Gilligan ASA 0 October 6th 06 03:44 PM
( OT ) The truth will out Jim, General 0 May 4th 05 10:15 PM
The Truth about OZ Joe ASA 0 September 13th 04 08:23 PM
Does he EVER tell the truth??? Scott Vernon ASA 0 July 13th 03 03:46 AM