Default Good News story....

A local good news story with international elements..
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...crew-home.html
Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 16, 8:05*pm, True North wrote:
A local good news story with international elements..http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s.../16/ns-strande...

good deal for the sailor's, Don but there's a lot of unanswered
questions the article didn't address.

Why was a Bolivian tug in Halifax? was it some type of a contract
vessel? Seeing the owner isn't wanting to pay for the repairs, and
the storage of the vessel is growing by the day, Will it eventually
have a lien put on it and sold to a scrapper?

Just some interesting questions....

On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:31:04 PM UTC-4, Tim wrote:
On Jan 16, 8:05*pm, True North wrote:

A local good news story with international elements..http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s.../16/ns-strande...

good deal for the sailor's, Don but there's a lot of unanswered

questions the article didn't address.

Why was a Bolivian tug in Halifax? was it some type of a contract

vessel? Seeing the owner isn't wanting to pay for the repairs, and

the storage of the vessel is growing by the day, Will it eventually

have a lien put on it and sold to a scrapper?

Just some interesting questions....

I believe that story also refers to a couple of previous stories.
From what I remember, the tug was supposidly contracted to steam to Montreal to pick up a freighter and take it south. They ran into a storm and put into Halifax where our inspectors looked over the tug, declared it unsafe, and refused to let it leave unless repairs were made.
A couple years ago a tug from Turkey was towing an old great Lakes freighter overseas when a line broke and the wreck ended up beached on an island off northern Cape Breton.
Anyway, there may be a New Jersey connection...believe I read that the owner operates out of there.
I imagine the Canadian taxpayer will get stuck with disposal of the old tug..
Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 16, 8:41*pm, True North wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:31:04 PM UTC-4, Tim wrote:
On Jan 16, 8:05*pm, True North wrote:

A local good news story with international elements..http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s.../16/ns-strande...

good deal for the sailor's, Don but there's a lot of unanswered

questions the article didn't address.

Why was a Bolivian tug in Halifax? was it some type of a contract

vessel? *Seeing the owner isn't wanting to pay for the repairs, and

the storage of the vessel is growing by the day, Will it eventually

have a lien put on it and sold to a scrapper?

Just some interesting questions....

I believe that story also refers to a couple of previous stories.
From what I remember, the tug was supposidly contracted to steam to Montreal to pick up a freighter and take it south. They ran into a storm and put into Halifax where our inspectors looked over the tug, declared it unsafe, *and refused to let it leave unless repairs were made.
A couple years ago a tug from Turkey was towing an old great Lakes freighter overseas when a line broke and the wreck ended up beached on an island off northern Cape Breton.
Anyway, there may be a New Jersey connection...believe I read that the owner operates out of there.
I imagine the Canadian taxpayer will get stuck with disposal of the old tug.

Ok, Thanks for that bit of insight, Don.

On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:05:13 PM UTC-4, True North wrote:
A local good news story with international elements..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...crew-home.html

Here's a follow up.
The crew are on their way home.
I passed right by the old tug yesterday morning as my Springer Spaniel and I returned from the park. Saw one of the crew outside the Missions to Seamen, which is a stone's throw from where the tug is docked.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...-fly-home.html

Tim Tim is offline

On Jan 21, 12:51*pm, True North wrote:
On Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:05:13 PM UTC-4, True North wrote:
A local good news story with international elements..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s.../16/ns-strande...

Here's a follow up.
The crew are on their way home.
I passed right by the old tug yesterday morning as my Springer Spaniel and I returned from the park. Saw one of the crew outside the Missions to Seamen, which is a stone's throw from where the tug is docked.http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s.../21/ns-sailors...

Glad to hear they're headed home, and happier yet that people rallied
to their rescue.

Good news story.... YukonBound General 7 December 18th 10 02:51 AM
Good news story Don White General 0 April 8th 09 02:14 PM
Good news story Tom Francis - SWSports General 5 January 7th 09 03:14 PM
Good news story D K[_2_] General 0 January 7th 09 01:48 AM
Ot Good News Story Don White General 1 June 10th 06 01:38 AM