Default If you thought...

In article , lid says...

On 1/17/2013 7:43 AM, Salmonbait wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 19:58:13 -0800, thumper wrote:

On 1/16/2013 11:27 AM, Salmonbait wrote:
On Wed, 16 Jan 2013 09:09:27 -0800, thumper wrote:

On 1/14/2013 5:57 AM, Salmonbait wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jan 2013 11:08:32 -0800, thumper wrote:

On 1/12/2013 7:02 AM, Salmonbait wrote:

I should have said, "What did your sister expect when she allowed her daughter to go on a weekend
trip with a Baptist church group - no religion?"

There's that binary thinking again. There's a difference between
presenting information in a comfortable environment and more intense
coercion involving threats. Baptists tend toward the latter from my
limited experience.

All decisions are the result of binary thinking. Why do you denigrate it?

My criticism of your binary thinking refers to your rhetorical tactic of
presenting circumstances as an either/or choice between two polar
opposites. The real world is seldom that simple. There are usually
more than two choices and the possible situations usually span a wide
spectrum.

But the decision always boils down to a binary process.

Another oversimplification.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantization_error

Analog to digital conversion is not under discussion.

Decision-making is a binary process.

I thought you had a math background. If the goal of the decision
process is accuracy the analogy has some merit. The universe is analog
in nature down to the quantum level. When you use a 1 bit converter the
statistical result is a large error. The more bits the less distortion.

There is a technique to increase accuracy with a 1 bit converter by
rapidly dithering but I don't think you want to go there.

You are conversing with a very narrow minded individual, you know...

"iBoaterer" wrote in message

In article , earl1372
@hotmail.com says...

True North wrote:
On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:36:41 PM UTC-4, Earl wrote:
wrote:

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:28:54 -0500, Earl
wrote:
WTF is a spiral nail?
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/spiral%20nail.jpg
Interesting. Looks like a bitch to hammer in!

Maybe for weak-wristed Girlieman.

You are an old man. Care to wager $500,000 US dollars that I can
beat
you in a spiral nail hammering competition?

I didn't think so.

Oh, he'll huff and puff and act like he's going to bet, but he won't.
He
and Harry do the exact same thing, when it comes to a little wager,
they
cut and make stupid excuses.

I thought Mitt Romney joined the newsgroup for a moment there

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 18:25:38 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"iBoaterer" wrote in message

In article , earl1372
says...

wrote:
WTF is a spiral nail?
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/spiral%20nail.jpg
Interesting. Looks like a bitch to hammer in!

Maybe for weak-wristed Girlieman.

You are an old man. Care to wager $500,000 US dollars that I can
beat
you in a spiral nail hammering competition?

I didn't think so.

Oh, he'll huff and puff and act like he's going to bet, but he won't.
He
and Harry do the exact same thing, when it comes to a little wager,
they
cut and make stupid excuses.

I thought Mitt Romney joined the newsgroup for a moment there

Close. Romney, along with a few other dumb-assed Republicans opened his mouth and inserted foot one
too many times.

Salmonbait

--

'Name-calling'...the liberals' answer to a lost argument!

On 1/18/13 6:32 PM, Salmonbait wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 18:25:38 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"iBoaterer" wrote in message

In article , earl1372
@hotmail.com says...

wrote:
WTF is a spiral nail?
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/spiral%20nail.jpg
Interesting. Looks like a bitch to hammer in!

Maybe for weak-wristed Girlieman.
You are an old man. Care to wager $500,000 US dollars that I can
beat
you in a spiral nail hammering competition?

I didn't think so.

Oh, he'll huff and puff and act like he's going to bet, but he won't.
He
and Harry do the exact same thing, when it comes to a little wager,
they
cut and make stupid excuses.

I thought Mitt Romney joined the newsgroup for a moment there

Close. Romney, along with a few other dumb-assed Republicans opened his mouth and inserted foot one
too many times.

Salmonbait

So did they all. There wasn't a GOP wannabe this last go-around who had
a chance for the nomination who wasn't anything other than a right-wing
extremist asshole...sort of like you.

In article ,
says...

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 18:25:38 -0500, "Eisboch" wrote:

"iBoaterer" wrote in message

In article , earl1372
says...

wrote:
WTF is a spiral nail?
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/spiral%20nail.jpg
Interesting. Looks like a bitch to hammer in!

Maybe for weak-wristed Girlieman.
You are an old man. Care to wager $500,000 US dollars that I can
beat
you in a spiral nail hammering competition?

I didn't think so.

Oh, he'll huff and puff and act like he's going to bet, but he won't.
He
and Harry do the exact same thing, when it comes to a little wager,
they
cut and make stupid excuses.

I thought Mitt Romney joined the newsgroup for a moment there

Close. Romney, along with a few other dumb-assed Republicans opened his mouth and inserted foot one
too many times.

Salmonbait

Yeah, no Republican would ever want the public to really know what they
stand for....

In article , earl1372
@hotmail.com says...

wrote:

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:28:54 -0500, Earl wrote:
WTF is a spiral nail?
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/spiral%20nail.jpg
Interesting. Looks like a bitch to hammer in!

Maybe for weak-wristed Girlieman.

You are an old man. Care to wager $500,000 US dollars that I can beat
you in a spiral nail hammering competition?

I didn't think so.

Oh, he'll bow up until he knows you are serious, then back down, he's
done it here before. A real coward.

On Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:38:26 AM UTC-4, iBoaterer wrote:
In article , earl1372

@hotmail.com says...

wrote:

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:28:54 -0500, Earl wrote:

WTF is a spiral nail?

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/spiral%20nail.jpg

Interesting. Looks like a bitch to hammer in!

Maybe for weak-wristed Girlieman.

You are an old man. Care to wager $500,000 US dollars that I can beat

you in a spiral nail hammering competition?

I didn't think so.

Oh, he'll bow up until he knows you are serious, then back down, he's

done it here before. A real coward.

Bet you I'm not, Kevin.

In article ,
says...

wrote:

On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:28:54 -0500, Earl wrote:

WTF is a spiral nail?

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/spiral%20nail.jpg

Interesting. Looks like a bitch to hammer in!

Maybe for weak-wristed Girlieman.

You are an old man. Care to wager $500,000 US dollars that I can beat

you in a spiral nail hammering competition?

I didn't think so.

Oh, he'll bow up until he knows you are serious, then back down, he's

done it here before. A real coward.

Bet you I'm not, Kevin.

Okay, everybody, watch this!! So, you said you'd bet him, right? Go for
it, or will you back down, as usual, coward?

Who'da thought of that Frogwatch General 0 March 4th 07 01:27 AM
On second thought................... JimH General 3 August 6th 06 05:08 AM
Just a thought ed General 7 June 1st 05 02:54 AM
Thought this was appropriate riverman General 7 February 27th 05 11:30 PM
Just a thought... N1EE ASA 5 January 14th 04 05:33 AM