Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Junior Member

Default Motor won't go in gear please help

I recently purchased a used 14 ft Jon boat with a 1959 18hp Johnson seahorse outboard motor.... I just planned on using the boat for duck hunting so I didn't really want to spend a lot of money. Everything is good except the motor won't go into gear. The first day I bought it I went to run it at the lake and it ran until the shear pin broke.... When I got home i changed it and when I went back today to run it, it wouldn't go into gear...when you pulled the shifter in either reverse or forward nothing happened....prop wouldn't spin... Checked the shear pin and it was good... It also won't rev up in neutral anymore either....any ideas?

Boat won't go into gear Travis General 12 December 3rd 11 09:44 PM
grease new starter motor gear? gprimerib General 2 August 25th 06 03:22 AM
reverse gear in 50hp motor doesnt work [email protected] General 3 June 17th 06 04:49 AM
Won't go in gear... Don Dando General 0 April 3rd 06 04:12 AM
Motor won't go in gear news.redshift.com General 0 March 27th 04 04:47 PM